Chapter 6: Dead but only Temporarily

'You're short staffed', I asked.

'Yea umm sorry for having to come on short notice'.

'Nah, it's okay, I get more money'.

'Fried rice', the waiter called out.

'Yea, I'm on it'. I began to get all the food out when I began to get a head ache. I put all the food into the wok. 'Okki here, all done'.

I handed the dish to him quickly cleaning off my finger prints.

'Ramen, Rice and Rice omelette'.

'Gotcha'. I always enjoyed cooking and it was one of the only things I was good at it too.

'Manager, what are you doing'.

'Sweeping the floor'.

I sighed, 'With a mop?'. We laughed. 'Here ya go', I gave it to the waiter.

Our shop very busy on Fridays, normally there are a lot more orders than today but it wasn't that bad today. I rested my hand on the table.

'Izo, are you okay'.

'Yea, why do you ask manager'.

'Your hands are trembling'.

I looked down, they were shaking. I quickly hid them. 'No I'm fine'.

'You know if you are sick you can go home, I know I asked for you to come but I didn't mean come if you're sick'.

'No, it's okay I'm fine just a bit tired that's all'.

'1 Oshiuko 2 Kakigori'.

'Yea' I made the desserts 'Ok done'. 'Woah, it's already 7:30, lets start cleaning up'.

'Yeah', The waiter said. We cleaned up.

'Izo, take out the trash', Manager said.

'Yeah just a sec'. I picked up the bags and went outside.

'Oii, you there kid'.

'Eh, would you like something', I said looking a black silhouette.

'You're a legendary ice dragon who wouldn't want to kill you'.

'What, you know'. I looked at him, green eyed, black haired and bandages around his wrist.

'Of course I know I don't live under a rock'. He suddenly came out to stab me with a knife.

'Are you sure you want to do that?', I asked. I dodged, getting his knife stuck in the wall.

'You brat'.

Manager came out. 'You were taking..'.

'Manager... uhh go back inside umm it's okay I will deal with him'.

'But Izo...'

The man came at me clearly aiming for my vital organs though I easily blocked his attack.

'Why do you know how to use a blade'.

'MANAGER JUST GO INSIDE'.

'Yes Okay', She said clearly surprised at me raising my voice at her. She went inside quickly closing the door behind her and locking it, I heard her ringing the emergency service.

'DON'T CALL THE POLICE', I yelled. I immediately heard the phone being put down.

'Yami no Fuenikkusu'. A Phoenix of the blackest black spiralled above his head. 'You're the pawn on Lucifer from last time'.