Chapter 5: Kiyoko's story

I lay there in the opposite bed of Kiyoko talking to her.

'I need to tell you something', she said.

'Yea sure go for it'.

'I-I don't have a family'.

'Eh?'. 'I don't have a family, remember there are 2 ways to get Paragon, cheating death and going through something very torturous'.

'Yea I know'.

'Well the way I gained Paragon was the torturous way, my mum and dad died while being tortured like me'. She began to tear up.. 'M-mum and D-dad they died because.. of me'

She said while tears that looked like diamonds were running down her face. I came over to her bed and hugged her.

'It started on my birthday.. my 12th birthday', She said.

'You don't need to explain it'.

'It's okay.. I want to. We were unwrapping presents when we heard 3 loud crashes outside, Dad went outside to check. I remember he came back in with a bleeding forehead, he told us to run away as fast as possible. We did, He put me on his back and held Mum's hand... I remember seeing tears streaming down her face. We ran for what seemed like miles but it didn't work after a few short minutes they had captured us tackling dad to the ground and jumping on top of mum. What are you doing to us I remember my dad yelling at them, one of the men drew his knife and hit the back of dad's head with it... his struggling stopped as he fell unconscious. Mum screamed for help but no one was around, the next thing I knew she was on the ground unconscious and then me. When I woke up I was in a barred room with only 3 pieces or bread and 1 cup of water. Dad rammed into the door but it didn't even creak at his impact, I knew he was in great pain but he definitely wasn't showing it. The door opened as dad stepped back. A man in a black suit came over to me and mum and picked me up by the hair. I screamed and kicked while mum was trying to get his hand free of my hair, he kicked her back onto the ground, I heard a crack... something had broken. All I screamed was for mum and dad to help me as the man raped me. I kicked and screamed ferociously as he held me down. Please stop it was the only other thing I said apart from screaming for mum and dad. When he finished me dragged me by the hair back into our cell, mum was crying while dad punched the man's so hard his own knuckles began to bleed.

'Don't you ever do that again to my daughter I remember he yelled to the man'.

Mum ran to me and cuddled me with her warm tears falling onto my cheeks. I lay there in shock all night afraid to go to sleep. The next morning a man came in and pulled dad up and barged him out the door into a room. For 2 hours all I could hear was dad's grunts and moans of pain and the sound of blood being splattered over the floor. When he came back in he was in tatters, his eyes were black, a majority of his face was swollen, bruises were covering his body and he twisted his ankle. The next day mum was dragged out. I remember hearing the man telling her to strip, she did. She was tied to a wall me lashed by a very sharp whip. When she came back she was being dragged lifeless into our cell. My dad cried when he saw mum I screamed at the sight of mum. She was dead, killed by a whip. Me and dad both didn't sleep for 2 nights after mum died. On the 3rd sleepless night we were both told to move into another room with white tiles and blood stained walls. A woman came in this time for the first time I had seen a woman in this horrible complex. She was blonde and had red eyes.

'I'm going to whip you with a 7 tail whip, like they did to the convicts in my country a long time ago. Than I'm gonna rub salt in them', She said tilting her head back smiling.

It was a whip made of rope with seven parts added to the end with knots and sharp objects attached to the rope. She raised the whip first at dad.. it took her 67 lashes before dad's struggling stopped and his eyes became distant, he died looking straight into my eyes, I remember a tear rolling down his face the moment he died. That was when my paragon kicked in. It flooded the complex drowning every person in it, the police were outside about to attack when I came out. I was taken to the police station, clothed properly and my Aunty came to pick me up', She explained with tears rolling down her face.

Golden EyesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara