Chapter One ⎯⎯ Fake Death

I remember the day I was sent on a mission with my older brother Mitsukuni. We were trained in a dojo since birth and we were the best in the best fighters there, including my cousin Takashi. Our father sent us to a mission to fight off one of our rivals we have been fighting ever since we started training. I was sent with Mitsukuni to fight them off and bring back the Sensei.

(FLASHBACK)

"Hey Mitsukuni, you go ahead and find the Sensei, I'll be look out." I insisted quietly next to him.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" He asked back.

"Yeah, don't worry about me go," I responded pushing him forward. He gave me a wary expression before he ran the other direction.

I tiptoed by the buildings that surrounded me looking out for anyone that came. I stuck to the shadows and watched closely as a group of men passed by. All of a sudden I felt a presence behind me and quickly turned around to see who it was.

There stood a man that looked close to his early thirties staring down at me.

"Who are you?" He asked gruffly.

I stood there in fear and remained silent. Out of instinct, I quickly kicked him in the stomach and ran the opposite direction of him.

"Get her!" The man's voice yelled weakly from behind me.

Immediately, I heard shouting and running coming behind me and getting closer and closer. I swerved around buildings, walkways, and alleys. Soon enough, I was surrounded and was ready to fight. I felt fear rise from my chest and hoped Mitsukuni would complete the mission for us.

I stood strong and examined the men who looked down at me with amusement and temptation. It was clear they thought I was a puny little, defenseless girl but boy they were wrong!

Finally, fighting broke out and I fought my heart out, trying to spare time for Mitsukuni to capture and secure the Sensei of the dojo. I felt the pain come over me, blood spilling on my clothes, my body covered in bruises and, cuts lining up and down across my skin. I felt myself become tired and exhausted, but I kept fighting to keep myself alive.

I continued fighting till I saw Mitsukuni appear around the corner of a near my building giving me a worried expression. I looked back at him and gave him a small assuring smile and continued to fight the last of the people still standing.

I was about to finish off the last person when I heard a gunshot echo in the distance. I felt a sudden pain in my back and I slowly turned around to face the opponent behind me. A man held a gun aimed at me and was smirking with pride. I felt my back burn with pain; blood rapidly soaking my clothing. I felt my legs go weak and fall to the ground. I looked up to Mitsukuni hidden behind the same building to find his expression filled with shock and terror. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile and collapsed into darkness.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

I woke up in the hospital expecting to be dead and sent to heaven. I was placed in a hospital bed connected to wires that were in my arm. My body was filled with pain and exhaustion, I couldn't move my whole body. A nurse walked into the room and gave me a kind smile.

"Hello miss it's good to see you have woken up!" She greeted me happily.

"What happened?"I croaked my voice raspy and weak.

"Well we found you in front of the hospital covered in blood, you were shot by a bullet." She explained.

I felt all my memories come back to me. The fight, Mitsukuni, the gun, I remembered everything. I felt a wave od sadness overcome me. I remember Mitsukuni's face filled with terror right before I blacked out right I front if him. He must think I'm dead...