12 Of Them

Demi woke to find herself in a room. A room that she soon recognized as her own bedroom. She took a deep sigh, and sat up- then fell back down again. A hard strike of lightning hit through her head- great, a migraine. Just what she needed! Demi put her hand to her head, and looked to her left. On the desk, was a cup of water, and some asprin. Then, there was note, and her name was on it. Desperately, Demi lunged for the water and aspirin, seeking the immediate pain relief it would gift her. As she threw the pills in her mouth, she chugged down the water- the cold temperature making her front teeth ache. She closed her eyes, but kept drinking the water. Slamming the glass onto the table as if it was a shot, Demi's finger's lingered on her teeth, as she waiting for the pain to fade away. As it did, her hands moved towards the note on the table, and opened it up.

Demi,  Love.

When you wake up, I'll probably be gone. I'll be back soon, I've just gone out to go find those diaries. Take it easy- you got hit pretty bad. If you need me, call me. 

-Nick.

Demi smiled and folded the note up again. The pain from her head had gone, and she felt relaxed, The memories of Miley falling on top of her, as well as Nick flooded her head- and Demi sighed. What on earth did Miley think Demi had to apolagise for?! Was Miley really that deluded? Demi rolled her eyes and unlocked her phone. She took a selfie with her bottom lip stuck out, as if she was attempting  a puppy dog face, in her bed, and uploaded it onto instagram with the caption: All alone, someone entertain me? The photo easily got 1000+ likes right away, and Demi chuckled- the comments were all very sweet, and the occasional mean hate comment. Demi smiled and went onto twitter, then facebook, then keek- she was really, really bored.

After an hour, Demi got up, suddenly hungry. She walked towards the kitchen and made herself a sandwich. She cut the cheese and lettuce carefully, and then the tomatoes. She surrounded the sandwich with olives, and then grilled the sandwich. While it was grilling, she grabbed a plastic pancake flipper and squashed it down as she plated up the food. Demi walked into the living room, still squashing down the flat sandwich- and when she looked up, she saw Miley.

Demi gritted her teeth. "What the fuck are you still doing in my house, Miley?" The hatred was visible in her voice. Miley stepped back, scared. "I was waiting for you to wake up, so I could apologize." Demi smirked and snarled. "I don't want an apology, the doors that way, let yourself out, before I beat you." Mley looked hesitant, and at first she never moved. But when Demi stepped forward, Miley sprinted for the door. Demi laughed as soon as it shut, and bit into it, whilst turning on the TV.

-Nick-

Nick paced up and down the outside of the house, biting down on his lip and thinking whether he should or shouldn't do this. Was he ready to know this? Was he ready for the whole truth? Nick pulled out his phone. It was 7:30pm. He shouldn't keep Demi too long. Nick raced to the door, his phone gripped hard in his hand, and knocked three loud fast knocks, before he'd change his mind. Nervousness filled Nick's body, as he heard footsteps. It wasn't too lateto just jump into the bush to his left- no one would ever know he was here. No one but Demi... Nick looked down at his lock screen. It was of him and Demi. He promised Demi he would do this. She would've gotten up by now, she would've read the note by now...she'd be dissapointed if he didn't do this. Nick sighed and slid the phone back into his pocket. Suddenly, the door openened. "Nicholas!"

Nick smiled as his mother gave him a mug of tea. He hadn't thought about his memory of his family, but when he did, he remembered a lot, and being in this house made him remember more. His mother was thrilled that Nick remembered so much, even his favourite beverage. Nick sipped at the hot tea and smiled at his moter, gratefully. "It's wonderful, thank you." His mother smiled at him, and sipped her drink. "So, what brings you here?" Nick wrapped his hands around the warm cup and sighed. "Joe has some diaries of mine- I'd like to read them, see if I can remember more." Nick admitted. His mother beamed. "That's great Nick!" Nick smiled and sipped some more from his mug, then looked worried as his mother frowned. "But, Joe's not even in the country."  Nick stopped.

Nick hugged his mother as she showed him where the diaries were. "I'm sure Joe won't mind you snooping around a little bit. Besides, the diaries are yours." She smiled, and Nick nodded. "Yes, they are." Denise shut the door behind her, then left. Nick inhaled, and took a look around Joe's room. It spiraled a lot of memories, but Nick shot them back. He had a limited amount of time, he'd think about it all later. He grabbed the box from underneath Joe's bed, and took a look inside, he flung books aside, there were a total of twelve diaries. 12 of them. Nick chuckled at himself, was he really that feminine? Nick gripped the box harder and left the room, said goodbye to his mother, and drove home, with the box sitting in the passanger seat. 

_____________________________________________________________________________