Chapter 47: Bye Coby

"No."

"(Y/N)-chan, I really do have to go!"

"No."

"(Y/N)-chan, please."

"Noooooooooo."

You gripped Coby tighter, refusing to release the Marine. "You're stayin' with me, Grandpa Garp can tell everyone that we kidnapped you."

Coby sighed and crossed his arms. "But I don't want to be a pirate's hostage."

You only held him tighter. Garp, standing a few feet away, laughed loudly. "Come on Coby!" He said. "Don't you know you can't win an argument with a woman?"

Luffy raised his hand. Garp motioned for him to speak. "I won an argument against a woman once." Garp shook his head.

"She probably let you win. Anyway, (Y/N), I kinda need Coby, soooo..."

You let out a prolonged whine as you released the little boy, crossing your arms and pouting. The pink-haired child scrambled away out of your reach, though he couldn't help but be happy that you actually loved him enough to kidnap him.

You gave a dramatic sigh, your ears flattening on your head and your tail tucking itself close to your leg. Luffy immediately scooched close and pulled you against him, nuzzling his face into your neck. You laughed and half-heartedly pushed him away. "Luffy!"

He rubbed his cheek lovingly against yours, laying his hands on your swelling belly. "Love you," he murmured.

You purred and wrapped your tail around his thigh, rubbing yourself against him.

"Get a room you two." Garp had covered Coby's eyes and was giving a look that said 'I'm seriously about to hit both of you'.

You rolled your eyes and turned to brush your lips against Luffy's before you pulled away and got up, subconsciously running a hand across your stomach.

"Why do pregnant women do that?" You looked down at Coby.

"Do what?"

Coby shifted awkwardly, then ran a hand gently over his stomach. "This."

You looked down at your hand and your ears twitched in surprise. "I didn't know I was."

Luffy tipped his head. "I thought it was 'cause you didn't want our babies to have nightmares."

You laughed a little and shook your head. "Luffy, they're not even born, I don't think they can even have dreams."

"Of course they can." Luffy spoke like he was explaining something to a particularly slow child. "Living things dream. Our babies are alive. Born or not, that doesn't change a thing."

Purring, you hugged him close, pulling away enough to kiss him deeply. Luffy didn't know exactly what he did to earn the affection, but he was glad for it.

You pulled away and for a moment you just looked at him. His messy hair, his sweet smile, the love shining in his dark eyes.

You finally managed to separate yourself from him and looked towards where Coby stood next to Garp. Helmeppo was standing beside Coby, gripping the sleeve of Coby's jacket. You walked forward and stared the blond in the eyes. You watched as he started to fidget and sweat nervously. But he never let go of Coby's sleeve.

'I guess I can forgive him... Just this once.'

You put a hand on Helmeppo's shoulder and he let out a squeak. "Take care of Coby for me." Your words, unexpected as they were, struck the boy mute, and for a moment he just stood there, mouth open.

Then he composed himself and gave you a salute, saying, "Yes ma'am!"

You moved over a bit and cupped Coby's face in your hands, brushing your fingers across a scar. "Look at you," you said quietly. "My handsome baby boy, all grown up."

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "(Y-N)-chan..."

"Jeez, can't you just call me mom?"

Coby looked at you for a moment, wide-eyed and innocent. He started to tear up and gave a single, jerk of a nod. "Hai, Mama!"

You rubbed your cheek on his and moved to stand in front of your grandfather. "Garp."

"Failure with a tail."

You glared at each other for one, long moment. Then, laughing, you jumped on him, hugging him tight. "You dumb old man!"

He laughed too and patted you on the back. You backed up and bowed at the waist. "Thank you Garp. You took care of my boy, and for that I will always be grateful."

He waved you off and snorted. "I whacked him over the head and made him do chores. The fact that he can take care of himself now was just a side effect."

You laughed and your tail curled up with delight. "Oh Garp, you're ridiculous."

~~~
You waved as the ship left the dock, Coby leaning over the railing and grinning. You saw him nudge Helmeppo and, after a short argument, both boys took a deep breath and yelled, "BYE MA!"

"Bye Coby!" You smiled as you waved and hoped Coby couldn't see your tears.

(This chapter was supposed to introduce the Thousand Sunny, but it turned out revolving around our little Coby. Oh well. Next time.)