Chapter 22: Sharing

You'd gotten about two minutes of peace, with Luffy unconscious on the ground. But then he woke up. And honey child, that boy could move.

He was literally a blur as he ran in circles around the mast.

And then he decided to tell everyone else. Which was kind of sweet, seeing as how happy he was. You settled down, curling up with your tail wrapped around you. Luffy'd come back when he was ready. In the meantime, you were tired.

Luffy crouched next to Zolo, so close their noses almost touched. "Zolo. Zolo. Zolo. Zolo. Zolo. Zolo."

Zolo's snores cut off and he slowly opened his eyes, giving a strangled noise of surprise. He fell over and backed away from Luffy, who was once again jumping in place. "ZologuesswhatI'mgunnabeadaddy."

"What?" Zolo asked while Luffy just squeaked and blabbered something else, to fast to be coherent. "Cap', honey. Shut up."

Luffy shut him mouth with an audible clack! and Zolo ran a hand over his face. "Now speak like a normal person."

Luffy nodded and said, much slower, "(Y/N) is going to have my kits, I'm gunna be a daddy."

Zolo, who never really knew what to do in these situations, got up, put his hand on the back of Luffy's neck, and gently placed his forehead against his captain's. "Good for you, man." Luffy grinned, copying Zolo and reaching up to place his hand on the back of the swordsman's neck.

"Thank you, Zolo."

They stayed like that for a moment before Zolo pulled away and gave a terse nod before walking off for a drink.

Sanji stirred the pot of stew, occasionally bringing the spoon to his lips. Throwing in a handful of spices, he continued his cooking, only looking away when someone tapped him on the shoulder. "Oi, Luffy. I told you, the food'll be ready when I say it's ready. Off with you."

"I'm not here about food."

Sanji's jaw worked soundlessly, no words escaping his open mouth. Luffy, in the kitchen, not asking for food. Next thing you know, Zolo would come in asking for OJ.

"Well." Was all he managed to come up with.

Luffy grinned, practically shivering with energy. "(Y/N) is pregnant!" His voice was barely a whisper, like he thought to speak it too loud would make it false.

Sanji's heart broke. You were with child? A child that wasn't his? How could it come to this.

Luffy was already skipping away, and Sanji was left alone with his pot of food, wondering why he couldn't just have every woman on the ship in his own personal harem.

Usopp hummed quietly to himself, working on some trinket when Luffy came in, just about ready to burst from excitement. "Usopp! Guess what?!"

"You finally realized that I should be captain?"

"Shishishi! Of course not, don't be dumb! (Y/N) is pregonant!"

"Ah, yes. That's wonderful. You'll name the child after me, obviously."

"Of course I won't! Bye!" Luffy skipped away to search for the remaining crew members.

Usopp acted all offended for a second, but really he expected that answer anyway.

Robin used her Devil Fruit powers to move your sleeping form into a patch of sunshine closer to where she and Nami sat. You raised your head and yawned, resettling yourself in the warmth with a purr.

Luffy bounded up, grinning from ear to ear, surrounded by an aura of happiness. Your nose twitched and you opened your eyes, purring deeply as Luffy got on his knees to rest his forehead against yours. "Hey."

You gently licked his cheek. "Hey."

"Don't mind us." Robin said, fiddling with the pages of her book. Luffy gasped like he's suddenly remembered what he was doing here in the first place.

"Nami! Robin! Guess what?!"

Robin thought that she had pretty good idea of what was up, put she decided to let her captain tell it, seeing as how happy it seemed to make him. "What?"

"(Y/N) is pergnant."

Nami looked over, surprised, but all Robin said was, "Is she now." She patted your head and you purred. "Congratulations, you two. Now, Luffy, how about you go tell everyone else."

Luffy nodded and shot off. You finally broke down laughing. "He just said pergnant, didn't he?"

Robin laughed with you. "Yes, I believe he did."

"WHAT?!" Chopper was beyond startled.

"I said," Luffy crossed his arms before continuing. "(Y/N) is pregnanant."

Chopper gasped again. "Really?! T-Then I have to check her over!" The little reindeer took off, Luffy following close behind.

"Chopper, I told you, I'm fine. I'm carrying kits, I'm not sick." Disgruntled but cooperative, you put up with Chopper's examination.

"I know, but it's better for both of you if you just take it easy and let me look you over."

"Hmm? Both?" You tipped your head. "How can tell that there's only one?"

"Well, I mean, if there's a history of twins in your family, I suppose there's a good chance for two..."

"Chopper, I'm a cat. We don't have a baby. We have a litter of them."

"Oh my."