Chapter 9: A Lesson For Luffy

It was time. You were going to do it. You were finally going to teach him. The time had come for Luffy to learn how to make love to his wife.

After almost losing him to Crocodile in Alabasta, you were determined to get him in bed. If one of you died, you wouldn't die a virgin.

Walking around the ship, you searched for him, sniffing him out with your sensitive nose. Following Luffy's scent, you weren't paying much attention to where you were going and avoided the newest crew member, Nico Robin, only to bump into Usopp. "Who put that there? Oh, sorry Usopp, I didn't know it was you."

The sniper rolled his eyes and patted your head. "Yeah, sure. Whatcha doin'?"

"Trying to track down Luffy."

"You can seriously tell where's he's been by smell?"

"Yup."

"What does he smell like?"

"Joy and happiness."

Usopp facepalmed, obviously unimpressed by your answer. "Wow. That really explains it. Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"You're impossible. Hey, what do I smell like?"

"Gunpowder."

"I can see that being true." He patted your head again and you went on searching for Luffy, putting that whole episode behind you. Luffy was, of course, in the kitchen. Eating.

"Hi (Y/N)!!!" He waved you over and pulled you into his lap. Holding you close, he fed you every time you opened your mouth to talk. The food was good though, so you didn't really care that much. Besides, what more could you expect from him? Giving food was his way of showing his never-ending love.

Managing to nudge his hand away before he fed you again, you said, "Luffy, do you know where babies come from?"

"Yeah, their mommies."

You purred and kissed his forehead. "But how do their mommies get them?"

"Oh. I dunno. Sanji might know though."

You laughed. He was so sweet. You were almost tempted to send him off in search of the chef to ask him where babies come from. It would all be worth it to see the look on that blond's face. But you didn't. Instead, you took Luffy's face in your hands and made him look at you. "Luffy, sex makes babies."

"What's a sex? Can you eat it?"

"No sweetie, it's not a thing, it's an action. It's what two people do when they love each other more than anything else in the world."

Luffy tipped his head, his dark eyes staring into yours, uncharacteristically serious. This close to him, you could just see the difference between his pupil and his pitch-black iris. "More than anything?" He barely whispered it, reaching up to rub your ears.

You purred, happy that he seemed to understand that, at least. "Yes, more than anything. That's why they call it making love." Luffy looked down for a minute, biting his lower lip.

"So it's special?"

"Yes."

"And it's only for the person you love more than anything..." He held your hands in his, keeping his head down for a moment longer before looking into your eyes. "(Y/N) (L/N), let me make love to you."

It took a bit of coaxing, but once he figured out what to do... Well, let's just say he's a fast learner. Laying in bed with him, pressed so close it was almost hard to tell where one ended and the other began, you listened to his steady heartbeat. He was so warm... Luffy shifted in his sleep, holding you closer and burying his face in your hair.

"(Y/N)..."

You purred when he murmured your name in his sleep. "I love you too, Luffy," you whispered, before finally going to sleep yourself.