Chapter 28: Round Three And A Marine

You sat next to Robin, the two of you wondering how to make Sanji and Zolo gay for each other. "They're just the perfect couple, I don't know why they can't see it."

Robin nodded. "Preach it girl."

"Trust me, I am."

An announcement rang out, cutting off the conversation. "Round Three will now begin!"

Luffy faced off against Foxy the Silver Fox, fighting on the latter's pirate ship. You covered your mouth with your hand, trying not to laugh. "Is he...?"

"Wearing an afro? Yes."

You and Robin laughed. "Why is he like this?" You said, shaking your head. "Luffy, why?"

"Because," Usopp said. "It'll give him power! Go Luffy!"

You laughed again at their silly logic. 'Whatever,' you thought. 'At least he took off his shirt.'

Luffy roared as he threw Foxy over the edge of his own ship. The other pirate landed in the water with a splash, and the announcer yelled, "Straw Hats win Round Three!!!"

The crowd roared approval and you purred so loud you couldn't speak. Luffy launched himself back onto land, running around in search of you.

"(Y/NNNN!!!!!)"

"Luffy!"

Luffy did a ninety degree turn and rocketed toward you, barreling straight through the crowd and scooping you up into his arms. He spun you around and kissed you deeply, pushing his tongue into your mouth and his hand into your hair.

When he finally let you go, you were breathless.

"So, Luffy, who are you going to take? We need a carpenter, right?" Nami spoke up, and you bared your teeth at her, hissing.

Luffy tapped the top of your head. "Don't be mean, (Y/N). And I don't want one of their crew. If I got what I wanted, I'd forget why I did this in the first place." He turned to the crowd of pirates and said, "I want your Jolly Roger."

"Here." Luffy held out the flag of the Silver Fox pirates. Tonjit took it with shaking hands, almost crying.

"You did all that for me?"

"Course!" Luffy grinned. "You're our friend!"

You purred opening your mouth to speak. But a familiar scent brushed against the glands on the roof of your mouth. You whipped around, looking toward Tonjit's house to see a Marine. A very tall Marine, that was currently asleep standing up.

"Kuzan!"

The Marine jerked awake and you ran up to him, tail fluffing up with excitement. "Kuzan! It's me!"

The dark-haired man looked down at you, rubbing the back of his head. "Eh...? Ah. Hello again. (Y/N), right? You've grown up. And they call me Aokiji, now."

You scrunched up your nose. "That's a dumb name. Imma call you Kuzan."

He chuckled and laid down on ground. "Fine by me." You purred again, leaning down to touch your nose to his in the greeting of your people.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

"Ten years, right?"

"Yes." Your tail curled up with joy. It really had been a long time.

"(Y/N)? You know this Marine?" Zolo's gruff voice hit your ears, and they twitched. You nodded.

"I do. He saved me, a long time ago."

"He did?" Luffy tipped his head. Then he walked beside you and bowed at the waist. "Thank you for helping (Y/N). She's my wife now, I love her more than anything."

Kuzan shook his head. "Married? Time really does fly. Last time I saw you, kitten, you were yay big."

"I'm pregnant too..." You murmured, blushing.

Kuzan laid spread-eagle and covered his eyes with his arm. "You gunna name 'em after me?"

"Nope."

"No hesitation there, huh?"

"Nope."

"That's cold."

You giggled. "That's funny, coming from you."

During your conversation, your crewmates had shifted into a sort of half-circle behind you, each person watching warily. You looked behind you and huffed. "It's fine guys. Kuzan is the laziest guy I know."

"I resent that."

You giggled again. "Well, I'd love to catch up with you Kuzan, but we've got some pirating to do, ya know?"

"Mmhmm. I understand. But first. A word of advice..." You tipped your head, ears pricked. Kuzan sighed before continuing. "Keep an eye on Nico Robin. Every group or organization that woman has ever been in has fallen, and yet, she remains. Chase her off, or you will end up falling as well."

Your tail fluffed out and your ears laid back on your head. Kuzan sighed again. "Don't get offended. I've looked after you for this long, haven't I?"

You narrowed your eyes and gave a single nod. "You're wrong about her though. She's a good person."

Kuzan shrugged and waved you away. "Alright, suit yourself. But you'd better get on now. Technically, I have to report that you were seen here, but I'll give you a couple hours head start."

"Thanks, Kuzan." You motioned with your tail for your crew to follow you, and together you all went back to the Merry Go.

"Hey, (Y/N). If you don't mind me asking, how do you know him?" You twitched your ears at Usopp's question.

"I'll tell you all back on the ship, kay?"

Luffy took hold of your hand, and you walked back together.