Chapter 42: Buster Call

"Come on! Come on! We've got to go!" Cody ushered you forward with a firm grip on your left arm.

"Cody? What is it? What happened?"

"There's been a Buster Call, we have to go, this whole place will be blown to bits!"

Stunned, you let Cody pull you down to the docks and onto a Marine ship. 'Well,' you thought. 'What now?'

Sanji bolted through streets, kicking Marines and building pieces aside. '(Y/N)-chwan... Where is (Y/N)-chwan?!' He ran full tilt, blasting through everyone and everything in his way.

Nothing would stop him from reaching you. Nothing.

"I'm fine. Stop poking." Cody blushed and pulled your shirt back down to cover your bruises.

"Did you have that big bruise on your ribs when you got here...?"

"Uuhhhh. Yes."

"Hmm..."

Cody stopped poking your wounds, but he still didn't look satisfied. "Hold up, I'll see if we have someone with medical training." He headed off, despite your protests that you were fine.

And that's how you ended up laying on the deck of a Marine ship with a Marine Doctor checking you over. "Yes, yes, you seem to be fine... The baby is the pirate's, yes?"

"Um..." You sat up and wrapped your arms around your stomach. "Y-Yes?"

He nodded a few more times and said, "You know dear, if you don't want it, then it would be a simple thing to-"

Your low growl cut him off and he backed away from your sharp claws and bared fangs.

Cody gently ran a hand over your back. "Calm down, (Y/N)! You can keep it! Doctor Po won't do anything without your permission! Right Doctor?"

"Of course, of course! I only assumed..." His words trailed off and you continued to glare at him. "Sorry..."

You huffed and flicked your tail, refusing to look at him any longer.

You stalked over to the edge of the boat, leaning on the rail with Cody close at your side. The little boy didn't speak, just leaned against you. You leaned down and affectionately licked the top of his head, looking back out to see something on the water. Something that looked a bit like...

A bicycle. There was a bike... On the ocean.

"What the...? Is that...?" You purred as the bike drew closer, kept on the surface by the ice created by its rider.

When Kuzan got on the ship, you stood wiggling with excitement for a second before jumping him. He just a huff of surprise, but hugged you back. "(Y/N)? What are you doing here?"

"I was a hostage of the Straw Hats, apparently."

"Is that so?"

"Yep."

He patted your head and set you back on your feet. "That's your story?"

"And I'm sticking to it."

"Well, I suppose I can see why." Kuzan looked down at your stomach and you blushed, wrapping your arms protectively around it.

"Honestly?" you whispered. "I'm just waiting for Zolo or Sanji to come pick me up, I wanna see the others."

"Tell ya what." He leaned down so he could speak quietly and you could still hear him. "If they don't show up, I'll ride ya there myself, alright cat?"

You purred tail curling up. Cody grabbed the back of your shirt and rugged it. "(Y/N)? D-Do you know Aokiji-san?"

"Oh, yes, Kuzan and I are very close."