Chapter 31: Four Paws

You were sitting down, leaning against the mast when you felt it. A ripple through your torso. You looked down, ears pricked. 'Was that...?' Slowly, carefully, you reached out your senses and felt for your fur.

Your body began to change and you broke out into a purr when you were able to push yourself up and stand on all four paws. You ran in circles around the deck for the sheer joy of it, your paws pounding against the hard wood of the deck.

Luffy poked his head out of the door that led into the ship and saw you. He danced in place for a second, and when you ran by he grabbed onto your fur and pulled himself onto your shoulders.

You flicked your tail and leaped into the air, twisting around and landing on your paws. Luffy laughed loudly, laying down on your back with his face pressed against your scruff. "You're fluffy again!"

You turned your head enough to bury your nose in his side, purring so loud your whiskers shook. He laughed again and wrapped his arms around your neck.

With a twitch of your ears, you took off again, running another lap around the deck before jumping onto the masthead of the Merry Go. Standing at the head of the ship, the sun making the water sparkle, you tipped your head back and yowled to the blue sky.

"Hey! Luffy! (Y/N)!"

You turned to see Usopp, standing on the deck and waving at you. You waved your tail and leaped down, Luffy shifting on your back. You padded slowly toward your crewmate, head and tail raised. On your back, Luffy sat straight-backed and serious-faced.

When you reached Usopp, Luffy looked down at him and said, "Bow to the Pirate King."

Five seconds of seriousness was quickly ended by Luffy and Usopp bursting out laughing. You laughed with them, the sound strange coming from a cat. You stepped forward and pressed your muzzle against Usopp's stomach.

He ran a hand through your soft (H/C) fur, and you heard Luffy huff. "Stop it Usopp, she's my wife. Got pet Chopper."

Usopp rolled his eyes. "Well, what if she wants me to pet her?"

"Then I'll pet her, you don't get to, captain's orders."

Usopp held up his hands and said, "Yes sir, mom."

Luffy's deadpanned reply was, "I'd rather be referred to as 'ma'am', Usopp, get it right."

You pressed your body to the ground and covered your eyes with your paws, shaking with laughter.

It was good to have fur again. And to have such dorky nakama.