Chapter 19: Time For A Nap

You paced the deck of the Going Merry, nervousness coming off you in waves. Suu the fox paced alongside you, apparently sensing your distress.

"Now, calm down, it'll be okay." Conis tried to calm you.

"DON'T YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!" You clawed at the air, snarling with frustration. "I hate this." You growled. "I hate being away from him. I should be with him, helping him."

"Then why did you leave?" You glared at Conis, but it was a fair question.

"No offense, but I'd rather you not be the first person I tell." You went back to your pacing, occasionally looking up at the sky. Storm clouds were gathering, dark ones that crackled with sheet lightning.

You leaned against the mast, whining with fear. Luffy was alone. Away from you.

Eneru's lighting couldn't touch him, but that didn't mean the Kami didn't have something else to fight back with.

"Don't do that..." Conis gently worked open your fist, and you looked in surprise at the blood that seeped from the wounds your own claws had made on your palm. You went to lick away the blood, but Conis pushed your hand from your mouth and bound it with cloth.

"How about you take a nap?" She suggested gently.

"You want me to sleep?!"

"You're doing nothing for anyone with all this pacing, and you'll need to be rested if one of the crew shows up and needs help. Besides," she added with a glance at your stomach. "It won't do you any good to be so stressed out."

You looked down, your tail tucked close against your thigh.

"Sleep." Conis gave your hand a gentle pat and went back to acting as the lookout, her fox at her heels.

You sighed and settled down, curling into a tight ball. Conis was right. Sleeping was the only thing you could do.

You walked through the soft mist, the air cool on your bare skin. 'I'm dreaming,' you thought. But that realization was quickly erased and you walked forward in the ignorance that most sleepers have concerning the state of their consciousness.

Luffy held you from behind, his lips brushed against the back of your neck, and his breath was hot in contrast to the the cold mist. His big hands were warm on your skin.

Then you were on the ground, the rest of the world blocked out by the swirling mist, so that all that existed was the ground beneath your body, and Luffy above it.

He kissed you gently, his tongue pushing into your mouth. He tasted like the wind and freedom itself.

When he started making love to you, he was gentle, his body moving against yours, heat blooming where your skin was pressed together. Luffy took your hands in his, kissing your neck now.

The dream changed then, in the peculiar way that dreams seem to enjoy. You walked along a road, the feeling of Luffy's touch still thrumming through your body. A child's hand grabbed hold of yours, and you looked down to see Coby, walking by your side.

"And where have you been?" You said, half scolding.

"Playing."

You rolled your eyes and led him down the empty street. Hand in hand, the two of you left the town.

Your ears pricked as you stood on the crest of the hill. Your kit brushed against your belly fur, letting out a mewl of fear. You licked his pink fur, trying to comfort him. Together you set off into the woods, paws pounding on the hard-packed earth. Your mate joined you then, his dark fur blending with the shadows. You twitched your ears, tail lashing. Let me guess, you said. You were playing.

He purred. You'll never know, love.

He picked up your kit by the scruff, and his tiny paws waved frantically in the air. I can walk!

Sorry, kit. He said. You're still too slow.

Purring with amusement, the two of you, kit in tow, raced into the undergrowth, freer than anything.

Ace held your hand gently and his lips were soft as he brushed kisses against your cheeks and brow. "There's my little bro." He said.

You tried to call after him as he got up and walked away, but you couldn't speak, only watch his back as he disappeared. You turned then, and looked straight into the eyes of Sabo.

Not Sabo as you'd last seen him. Not a child with a missing tooth and scraggly hair, but a man. Tall, broad shouldered, and handsome. His golden hair almost shone. You hugged him hard, sobbing into his shirt. "I miss you." You whimpered.

He said nothing, for your mind couldn't conjure the sound of the brother whose voice you'd never heard mature, even if it could make up his image. His hand was warm on the back of your head as he gently petted your hair.

He couldn't say it, but you knew.

'Miss you, too.'

The words were echoing in your head when the sound of thunder jerked you awake. You looked over the railing of the ship, your ears laid back on your head at the sight that met you.

Lighting rained down from the sky, tearing apart the island clouds. Tearing apart Skypiea.

'Eneru.' You thought. 'How far are you going to go?'

(How does this have a thousand views?! I didn't think it would get ten! Talk about startling.)