Chapter 18: Free

You tried unsuccessfully to bite at the bindings on your wrists. Eneru had left a while ago. Your shirt was still undone though. You kept struggling, desperate for freedom.

-meanwhile-

"This is a really weird cave." Luffy muttered while he walked around inside a giant snake. This was the guy you were entrusting your life with. And he was in a snake. Great.

-later-

Huffing with exertion, you slumped. "I'm so tired..." You whined, even though no one was there to hear you. Your ears pricked at the sound of footsteps, and you raised your head in time to see Eneru and-

Your tail fluffed up and your lips pulled back in a snarl. Nami was with him. That stupid whore. She looked over at you, but quickly looked away, averting her eyes from your exposed upper half. Eneru patted your head. "What's wrong kitty? Don't like her?"

You glared at Nami, not bothering to spend words on her. She didn't care about anything, so long as she and her money were safe. And she hit Luffy. No one hits Luffy. You might have killed her a long time ago if your mate didn't like her so much. Luffy sure had a strange taste in friends.

But Luffy wasn't here now, so you didn't bother to hide your deep dislike of her. You opened your mouth to spit insults at her when a voice yelled out from near the ship. A very familiar voice.

"HEEEEEEYYYY!!!!" Luffy screamed. "Are you the one who did that to my crew?! And where's (Y/N)??!!!!"

Eneru cut your bindings and pulled you to the edge of the ship. He held your body over the railings. "Do you mean this?"

Luffy's roar of fury was answer enough. He threw himself up onto the ship, rage radiating off him. "How dare you." He snarled, his eyes locked on your body. "How dare you touch her."

Eneru shoved you behind him and readied a bolt of lightning. "I can do what I want." He said. "I'm the Kami, after all." The electricity in the blast made the hairs on the nape of your neck stand on end, but you weren't worried. No matter how strong his blast, it wouldn't hurt Luffy.

Luffy was looking around uncertainly, like he was waiting for the attack to take effect. Eneru, slightly flustered, tried again, with the same results.

Luffy was untouched.

Bare chested, his hat a little crooked, eyes burning with a murderous rage, Luffy made your heart skip a beat. You purred at the sight of him, forgetting for a moment that you were still less than decent.

Luffy then punched Eneru so hard that he was sent flying into a wall. Rushing over to you, Luffy pulled you close, kissing you almost violently. You responded immediately, pushing one hand into his hair, and desperately kissing him back. He pulled away far too soon, his hands still lingering on your bare skin.

"(Y/N)." He gently buttoned his shirt back up over your body. "I won't let him get away with this."

You nodded. "Luffy, I... I have to leave, I'll meet you at the Merry!" Luffy looked surprised. It was rare that you didn't fight together. "There's a reason," you said before he could speak. "I'll tell you later, when we're out of here, okay?"

Luffy nodded, kissing you again before turning to once again go up against Eneru, buying you the time to escape.

You fled from the ship, arms around your stomach, tears streaming down your face. 'I'm sorry, Luffy.' You thought. 'I'm sorry I have to leave you behind.'