Chapter 39: Rocketman

You sat down inside the Sea Train, arms around your belly. Apparently, this model was a prototype, called the Rocketman, that didn't have the luxury of breaks. This was going to be fun. 

Luffy walked in with a group of Franky's people behind him, as well as some from Galley-La.

"Well, we've got a crowd." You stood up walking over to Luffy, who wrapped his arms around you and pressed his face to your still-damp hair. Paulie looked you up and down, like he still couldn't believe that you weren't actually a giant cat. Not all the time, at least.

You sat back down when the train started moving, Kokoro was driving the thing, along with her granddaughter Chimney, and their pet cat Gombe. You were pretty sure that the cat was a rabbit, but you had decided not to say anything.

Looking over at Zolo, you noticed his worried look and scooched closer. "Thinking about Sanji?"

He jumped and glanced at you. "N-No. Of course not. Why would I care about that baka-cook?"

You purred. "Because you love him~!"

"Not. At. All."

You pouted, wishing Zolo would hurry up and realize that he was gay for Sanji. Luffy came over and pulled you to your feet, dragging you behind him as he said, "Come on, (Y/N)! Let's go! I wanna see!"

He dragged you out of the train and onto the top of it, where you changed into a beast for the warmth of your fur. Wind whipped your whiskers straight back and you narrowed your eyes at the force of the gale as the train roared across the sea tracks. The whole of the sky and sea seemed spread out before you and you stepped up to sit right next to Luffy, wrapping your tail around him.

Your claws scraped uselessly over the steel of the train as you tried to grip its smooth surface. Shivering with a mix of cold and excitement, you tipped your head to the sky and let out a yowl of triumph. Luffy joined you, and together you declared your freedom to the sky.

Paulie jumped as a caterwaul came from the front of the train and Zolo patted the blond's arm. "Ignore it. It's just (Y/N) and Luffy. They do that sometimes. Don't ask me why." Paulie just nodded, still seeming a bit freaked out by all of this.

Zolo rolled his eyes and walked over to one of the windows, looking out at the ocean. A rainbow was in view from the spray thrown up by the wheels and Zolo was reminded of your words.

"It's because you love him!"

'Do I?' Zolo didn't know. All he knew was that he wanted with every fiber of his being for that dumb cook to come home unhurt. Maybe that was love.

~~~
Zolo stood at the front of the train next to you, looking out at the two train cars on the track. "They must've gotten disconnected." Pulling one sword from its sheath, Zolo took a deep breath. 'Now...' He thought. 'Cut.'

The train cars split neatly in half, and the Rocketman continued to rush down the tracks, unhindered.

Purring, you wrapped your tail around Zolo's thigh for a moment before heading back into the train itself, getting ready to curl up for a nap. Pregnancy was hard.

But before you got a chance to find a place to sleep, Nami randomly pulled a little transponder snail out from between her boobs. What the heck, woman.

The little snail buzzed and then Sanji's voice came out. Your group gathered around as Sanji said that he knew for certain that Robin was on the train and that he was going to try and rescue her. Nami, doubting little whore she is, tried to convince Sanji to wait for backup. Luffy cut her off and told Sanji to go ahead.

You purred. At least someone knew why Sanji was capable of. You noticed that Zolo had been standing awkwardly to the side the whole time, and you saw a chance to further your OTP. Snatching the snail from Nami's hands you spoke into it. "Sanji? It's (Y/N)."

"HAI, (Y/N)-CHWAN!"

"Zolo wants to say something to you."

Zolo gave you a look of utter betrayal.

"Eh? What does that Marimo want?"

You held out the snail to Zolo, who hesitated a moment before sighing in defeat and taking it. "Cook."

"What?!"

"Don't die, okay?"

"... What?"

Zolo shoved the snail back into your hands and walked away before he could be tricked into saying more.

Sanji looked down at the transponder snail in confusion. What had that baka said that for? Wondering what had possessed the Marimo to say such a thing, Sanji walked into the train and challenged the whole car to a fight.