xlii. leave

maisie knocked softly, three times on harry's bedroom door

maisie knocked softly, three times on harry's bedroom door. the dread that filled her up from finding out about what had happened to her bestfriend, she had to push down. because she knew she had to put all her attention on him, she didn't have time to focus on her own feelings.

"go away." harry cried softly from the other side of the door. it hurt her inside to hear him cry, to know what had happen to him and she had no clue about it. granted, this only happened the day before but she still was mad at herself.

"please, harry. let me be here for you."

"why did you bring him here? did you not know that he was one of my bullies? maisie, leave me alone. i don't need anyone." he said, she heard him throw something at the wall. it made her jump, she knew what had happened changed him. he isn't the same anymore.

"i brought him because he told me about you being raped."

silence.

nothing came from the other side of that door. she knew that it was the realization hitting him that louis was the guy he had been texting for awhile.

"harry, open the door please."

nothing.

there was no sound. not even the sound of the boy crying, the only thing she heard was her own breathing.

tears began to fall from her face.

"please." she pleaded.

but still nothing.

---

maisie's middle name is
olivia, just in case
any of you were wondering
what the o stood for.

m.