xxvii. smile

louis sat there, staring at the text that harry had sent him, rereading it to check if he read it wrong

louis sat there, staring at the text that harry had sent him, rereading it to check if he read it wrong. but he didn't, he knew couldn't just say no to harry.

he didn't want to say no to harry, but at the same time he did. it was confusing, even for him. but even though his stomach was churning at the thought of harry figuring out who he was, he replied with yes.

it didn't take long for his phone to start ringing, he waited a bit, still debating on if he should answer it or not. but he did.

"hello?" harry said, softly over the phone. louis practically melted at the sound of his voice. though he stayed silent, he was scared that if harry heard his voice that he would know that it was the guy who was friends with his bullies. louis hated himself for what he did to harry, he knew that he should've stopped them sooner but he was afraid. now the only thing he was afraid of was talking to harry, or really just having him hear his voice.

"so you're not gonna talk?" harry said, louis could tell he was disappointed.

"i just want to know what you did. i also like to know how you are but i'll respect your wishes with that but not with what you did. whatever you did affects me and right now it's been affecting me in the worse way possible."

"i'm sorry." louis uttered out quietly, he tried to make his voice sound different so harry couldn't tell who it was.

"it's okay."

"i got rid of your bullies." louis said, he didn't mean to say but he did.

"what do you mean?" harry asked.

louis stood silent, he didn't know exactly why he couldn't say it, he just couldn't.

"i just got rid of them, okay? don't worry about it, angel." louis said, he didn't mean to call him angel but it made him smile that he did.

because harry was his angel, he brought a bright light of happiness out of louis. it was something that louis never really get before. just getting to talk to him made his day brighter. and just the thought of him hating louis torn him apart.

"okay, i don't really wanna know, but whatever you did thank you."

louis was surprised at harry's sudden loss of interest but he was also relieved.

"you don't have to thank me, you don't deserve to be treated so poorly. you deserve to be treated like the angel you are."

louis smiled at his own words, and he could tell that harry was smiling too. he just wished that he could see that wonder smile of his at that moment.