xli. house

harry's house, it was a light shade of grey and small but not too small

harry's house, it was a light shade of grey and small but not too small. the front yard had a decent sized tree and an assortment of different yet beautiful types of flowers. it had two stories, it was a very nice house.

"are you ready?" maisie asked, causing louis to avert his attention to her. they had been sitting within his car right outside harry's house for about five minutes. they arrived there and louis said he needed a few to prepare himself. he didn't think that he would be doing this. he was scared to see harry's reaction.

but he also knew that if he didn't do it now that he probably would never have the guts to. he knew that having maisie there with him while it happened gave him the guts to do it now.

louis nodded, before taking a deep breath and exiting his car with maisie. he pressed the button on his keys to lock it before they went up to harry's front door.

maisie pulled out her key, quickly unlocking the front door and opening it. louis was a bit surprised that she had a key but at the same time, he was thankful. because if she didn't, they would probably not be able to get in.

the house seemed so silent, as if you could hear a pin drop. "harry?" maisie shouted in a kind toned voice. they heard a door open from upstairs and the pitter-patter of feet coming down the stairs.

"m!" louis heard harry cry out, right before he saw his petite body rush to maisie, consuming her in a hug. the two hugged eachother, it seemed like harry was crying in her arms. it broke louis' heart to his angel like this.

he didn't deserve to be hurt, he didn't deserve to have tears fall from his eyes. he deserved to be unconditionally happy and loved.

"it's okay.. it's okay." maisie whispered to him, looking at louis with a sad look. harry head lifted from maisie's shoulder, he looked at maisie. his eyes were bloodshot and his face was pale. louis hated seeing him like that.

"maisie, you don't know, i..i." harry stopped as he made eye contact with louis. louis felt his stomach churn at the look of confusion and fear that came upon harry's delicate face.

he didn't say anything, louis didn't think he could say anything either. harry let go on his bestfriend and ran up the stairs, they heard a door slam afterwards.

louis' first response was to cry, he knew harry would hate him. he felt a huge pit in his stomach and his heart that started to ache. the tears welled up in his eyes before fall slowly down his face.

he wished he could take everything he did back, he wished he would've never let that stuff happen to harry.

his hatred for himself began to rise and he hated that feeling.

"oh no, okay just stay here, let me talk to him, louis okay?" maisie said, wiping a few of his tears away.

all he could do was nod before he watched her walk up the stairs, leaving louis all by himself.