xxix. nice

harry sat in class, twiddling his favorite black pen within his fingers and look up at the teacher

harry sat in class, twiddling his favorite black pen within his fingers and look up at the teacher. the boy wasn't really paying attention enough to notice what he was talking about. but he knew it had to be about the book that they were all going to read.

the catcher in the rye. it was a requirement for all students to read it during their junior year. harry had already read it though, three times actually. it was his favorite when he read it, but the more books he read; he found different favorites. he seemed to fall in love with almost every book he read. he knew that it was the brainwork of the person who wrote that, most of the time they were all unique. he found that quite fascinating.

harry's mind began to drift from different things until it landed on in particular, one that he liked thinking about. the boy whom had been texting him daily reminders almost everyday. he has grown very found of him, even though he doesn't know his name nor what he even looks like. but he would like to. he wants to put a face and a name to the person who has been invading his thoughts.

he remembered their phone call, then the reason for that phone call. a part of harry still wanted to completely know and understand what all happened between his bullies and this guy. but the other part of him knew that it would be better to just forget about it.

it was a relieving feeling to walk into the school that morning and not have the fear to look over his shoulder.

some people even smiled at him as he walked down the hallways. that was nice, really, really nice in harry's opinion.

"harry? can you stay after class for a bit?" the teacher, mr. graham, asked the boy. it took him a moment to understand what he asked, as he was stuck in his thoughts beforehand. but harry just nodded as a response.

and mr. graham proceeded with the rest of the last fifteen minutes of class.