xxxix. maisie

"maisie?" louis said as he saw her in the hallway

"yes?" she replied.

louis knew harry didn't go to school today, he would've saw him in the morning or even with maisie right now. he knew he had to tell her, she would know what to do with what happened to harry. louis wanted to hurt the man who did this to him, who dared to use harry like he was nothing. harry to louis, was someone who deserves to be cherished, to be smiling every minute of every day, to be loved so delicately yet strongly. he deserved to be told how beautiful he is every single day. he didn't deserve to go through what he did. louis wanted to put that man, whoever he is, in jail for the rest of his life.

"i need to talk to you in private." louis whispered to her.

"why? who are you?"

"i'll explain, please, it has to do with harry." louis said, she immediately became worried and nodded her head. he led her over to the field, away from everyone  so they can talk in private.

"okay, tell me what's going on." her soft voice spat out in a hurry, louis knew she was insanely worried about harry.

"okay, my name is louis tomlinson, i'm the person harry has been texting, you called me his secret admirer, which is true. i like harry, a lot. but i'm trusting you not to tell him that you know me and that i told you this. he'll probably know because i know that you will know what to do about this but just please don't tell him just in case he doesn't."

"okay, okay. i promise."

"okay, yesterday harry called me and told me that he was raped. he wouldn't explain to me about anything like when exactly it happened or who did it. but he was crying, i didn't know what to do because he made me promise him not to call the police but this can't just go unnoticed. harry doesn't deserve that. he deserves justice for whoever did this shit to him. will you please help me help harry?"

maisie had started to cry, "of course i will, he's my bestfriend. i should've known, i need to figure out who did this to him. oh god, i need to go see him. i know you don't want him to know you but can you please come with me? let's ditch these last few periods and go to harry's house."

maisie waited for louis to answer, louis wasn't sure what to say, everything in him was shouting yes, but a small part of him held him back from verbally saying it. louis knew that if harry saw him that he would hate him, now even more for telling maisie.

"please, louis, i won't be able to do this alone. i know that he needs us both right now. he's probably home alone right now in his head and that's never good." she said, beginning to sob at her own thoughts.

louis could tell how much maisie cared for harry, how much they both needed eachother in their lives. it was nice to see that he had someone who loved and cared for him probably more than louis did.

"okay." louis said.

he didn't know whether he would regret this or this would be the best decision he has ever made but he couldn't say no.

he had to be there in person for harry.

he just had to get over his fear and put harry first.

louis didn't realize it but after this, he would always put harry first. always.