xii. lunch

trigger warning: bullying and homophobic slurs.

harry sat at lunch, waiting for maisie to come

harry sat at lunch, waiting for maisie to come. she always took forever and she always blamed it on people who walked slow infront her. harry always laughed at that because he knew that she was really the slow one.

he started breaking apart bits of his sandwich and setting them aside. harry was never hungry at lunch, but he knew that if he didn't bring a lunch that maisie would worry. he never wanted maisie to worry about him.

"what the fuck is it doing here?"

"hey, move faggot."

harry froze, he knew they were talking about him.

"i-i'm sorry." he got up to move but one of the three guys stopped him.

harry felt his stomach churn, as he jumped at his touch.

the guys took harry outside, he knew what was to come. he didn't what to do, he knew that if he ran, he wouldn't lose them like last time. harry knew he was insanely lucky last time.

they took him to the baseball field, where no one was.

they pushed him down into the dirt, "fucking tranny." one of them spat. he kicked harry in the stomach which lead to him grunting at his loss of breath. he began sobbed on the floor. they proceeded to hurt the poor, defenseless boy even more. harry just wanted all of this to stop.

why do they hate me so much?

"zayn! liam! leave the poor kid alone!" the third one said, and they did as he said.

"he deserves it." liam said.

"well if you fucking kept going you could've killed him!"

"good." zayn and liam said in unison, zayn spat at the ground next to harry before the three left.

harry didn't want to move, he was in too much pain to move. he wanted to die. he wanted the pain to end, the bullying to end. he wanted it all to end.

harry wanted to understand why they hated him so much, but he knew that he never would.