l. story

trigger warning: brief violence, brief mentions of rape/sexual assault, and panic attack.

louis walked into harry's room, finding him laying next to a big bottle of alcohol and crying

louis walked into harry's room, finding him laying next to a big bottle of alcohol and crying. it broke louis into a billion pieces to see his angel like this. the boy looked up at him, "louis?" harry slurred.

louis immediately went to him, picking the fragile boy up and laying him on his bed. "why did you drink?" louis asked, heartbroken.

"i don't know, i don't know, i don't know." harry repeated as he cried. louis began to wipe the boy's tears away.

before he could even comprehend what was going on, harry swatted louis' hand away and screamed, "no, don't touch me. i won't go through that again. go away! leave me alone, leave me alone." he repeated that last part over again as he put hands over his face.

"i..i'm sorry i didn't mean to-" louis began to say but harry grabbed the bottle of vodka, throwing it at louis. but he dodged it, having it hit the wall with a huge crash and breaking apart, both liquor and broken glass cascading across harry's carpeted floor.

"harry, calm down! what was that for?" louis shouts, out of shock. harry falls to the floor, on his knees as if he is in defeat. he ran his hands through his hair, pulling at it.

"i don't wanna do this anymore, everything hurts. he hurt me and he's probably living his life without a care in the world. when you wiped my tears, it reminded me of him because that's what he did when he raped me. he acted like he was caring but he wasn't. he's a fucking rapist and i can't get out of it. every night i feel as if i'm reliving it. i can't sleep right anymore, sometimes i can't even sleep because i'm just so scared. i'm sorry i threw that at you, i don't know what i was doing. i'm sorry." harry sobbed. louis can see that harry is broken, truly and utterly broken and what that man did to him changed him. louis' blood boiled at the thought of that man hurting harry, he wanted to hurt him worse than he did harry. and he didn't even know of that was even possible.

louis heard how fast and hard harry was breathing, it seemed as if he was having trouble with it. louis went down with him, as if it were a routine, he pulled the boy into his lap; holding harry's head against his chest. "calm down, angel, breath slowly. breath with me okay? in through your nose and out of your mouth." louis said, calmly to the broken boy in his arms. he began to breathe as he instructed harry to and harry did as well.

as harry got his breathing calmed down, louis started to rub his hand up and down the boy's back, massaging. "here i'll tell you a story, does that sound good?" louis said.

harry mumbled a mhm, before wrapping his arms around louis' waist. louis smiled at that.

"i'm gonna tell you a story about two boys. their names were," louis paused for a second, trying to think up names. "luke and henry." he said proudly, making harry giggle a bit against his chest.

"luke was at school, it was an ordinary day for him. he had just gotten out of his last period and then he saw someone, someone he had never seen before. he wore the most colorful outfit and had an even brighter smile upon his face. his presence alone drew luke in and he didn't even know his name or anything about him. but from that day on, luke tried his best to find out anything he could about his mystery boy. he asked all of his friends and sometimes even acquaintances. he found out that his name was henry and that he was a grade under him."

"luke and henry is us."

"no, luke and henry are their own beings." louis said, laughing as he joked with harry.

"now, let me continue. luke and henry started talking and the more they talked, the more luke fell for henry. he found out little special things about the boy, like how he always drank tea before bed and how he laughed at basically everything. luke began to love every single aspect of that boy. it was quite a beautiful thing. luke always wanted to make henry smile, because that's what he deserved; to show off that amazing smile of his'. luke wanted to make the boy undeniably happy and care and love him endlessly. luke was in love. and it was weird and scary because he had never felt like that for anyone but he didn't care because he knew that that was what he wanted. luke wanted henry."

"did they have a happily ever after?" harry asked, as he messed with the thin, soft fabric of louis' shirt. rubbing it together between his thumb and pointer finger.

"i don't know. luke still working on winning henry's heart as henry did with his, ever so effortlessly." louis said, smiling. he lowered his head, placing a kiss atop the boy's head.

louis picked up what he assumed to be the last piece of glass and threw it in the trash bag that he held with his other hand. he has put a cloth over the wet spot on harry's carpet and cleaned up the wall as well.

as he finished, he looked over at harry's bed, the boy looked peaceful, his eyes were shut and his breathing slow. louis smiled at his beauty.

he walked over to him, planting a small kiss on his forehead, "goodnight, my angel." he whispered.

louis grabbed his things, and opened harry's bedroom door to leave.

"louis?"

louis looked back to see harry's eyes open, staring at him and waiting for a reply.

"yes?"

"can you stay?"

louis smiled widely, "of course."

and that's what he did, he stayed with harry the whole night. louis fell asleep with his angel within his arms. it was the best feeling ever, in louis' opinion.

---

this is over 1k words oml

but it's 3am and i'm crying cause of this chapter

m.