xxii. lies

sunshine: you never told me why you haven't been at school for the past week :(

after reading those words, harry's state of happiness vanished and turned into melancholy.

harry didn't go into the text, mainly because he didn't want to reply. harry was embarrassed about what had happened. he never liked talking about the guys whom harassed him constantly at school, he didn't know exactly why. he just never wanted that topic or any topic related to that to be brought up. but he knew that the person didn't mean to.

plus, harry felt safe with this unknown person, he really liked that feeling.

and harry knew that if he didn't reply it would just worry the person more, and he didn't want that.

angel: i bruised a few ribs, it's nothing bad.

sunshine: harry, did someone do that to you?

angel: no, of course not. i just fell, it's not big deal.

harry felt bad for lying but he couldn't just go out and say who did it to him. he wasn't protecting the guys who did it.

he was protecting himself from getting hurt again for telling someone what really happened.

harry didn't want to be hurt again.

he just wanted to be accepted and he didn't understand why it was so hard for people to do that.