Chapter 33

Dark bags noticeable under her eyes, hidden by extra-large, black sunglasses that Laura put on to mislead the paparazzi that might cross their paths, failing as soon as they all stepped inside the building. After a few seconds of snapping dozens of photos, they seemed to be content with what they were given and left them alone.

''You okay?'' Ross grabs her hand tightly as they walk at the very end of the group. Laura pushes her sunglasses on the top of her head, showing her makeup-less face to him. As she studies his face, he sees the slight dark spots under his eyes, resembling hers.

''I barely slept last night, how about you?'' She admits. He rubs his eye sleepily as he pulls her hand towards him so their shoulders bump into each other. Laura smiles, tightening the strap of her bag on her shoulder.

''I'll have to get used to not waking up next to you.'' A chuckle escapes his throat as they both think back to the nights they spent together. The last few nights, Laura had slept in Ross's bed, keeping it a secret from everyone else. They didn't need anyone to intervene, appreciating the privacy the rest gave them. He lets his eyes scan the group walking in front of them for a second before leaning down, whispering in her ear with a low voice. ''And the not sleeping with you.''

''Shh-shut up,'' she shushes him, shoving her sharp elbow in his side, making him yelp and step away from her. ''Your mom is literally five feet in front of us.''

They arrive at the checkout, checking in their suitcases one by one. Laura awkwardly stands at the side, watching Ross' family and Ellington laugh as they talk about their upcoming tour. Taking a deep breath, she plays with her fingers, diverting her eyes.

''Sweet of you to come today, Laura.'' Stormie appears in front of her, giving her a big hug as she squeezes her body closer. ''Didn't Raini want to come with?''

''No, I wanted to come alone.'' Raini indeed offered to join her, bringing Calum with, but Laura quickly declined. Laura knew herself being horrible at 'goodbye's'. She knew she'd have a hard time with it and some support would help, but she found she needed to do this alone. Smiling at the loving woman in front of her, she lets her eyes scan the group at the checkout. Rydel was just lifting her pink suitcase on the scales as Ellington supported the back, helping her with care.

''Well, I'm sure Ross is happy you're here.'' Stormie gropes inside her purse, bringing out her passport before telling Laura she it's her turn to check in. Laura nods politely, her eyes going to Stormie's bag before shifting to her own. She opens it, her hand disappearing inside it before she stops her motions when two arms sneak around her waist. Hands grab the other arm's elbow to pull the figure in front of him as tight against his chest as possible.

''Missed me?'' Ross mutters in her hair, at the same time kissing the top of her head while swaying her from left to right. Laura giggles as she skips from one foot onto the other, her head leaning against his chest as she smiles brightly.

''Yeah, those were the longest two minutes of my life,'' Laura jokes, trying to hide the tough subject by laughing about it. They follow the rest as soon as they notice they're done with their luggage, inching closer to the point where they have to say goodbye. ''Let alone two months of missing you.''

Everyone stands still in front of the opening of the hall, leading to the customs. This was the point where they had to show their tickets, the point Laura couldn't go through. She steps away from Ross after giving him a sweet look, hugging everyone one by one, telling them to have a lot of fun on their tour. Ellington comes up to Ross, shoving his shoulder brotherly as they watch Rydel and Laura in a tight embrace. As Laura eventually ends up in front of Ross, after hugging Ellington goodbye, Rydel walks up to them, linking hands with Ellington.