Chapter 3

The next day on set, Ross just hangs in his dressing room, scanning through the song lyrics he has to learn. The writers decided this movie will not have self-written songs like in the series, but they will use popular songs, fitting in the situation Austin and Ally will be in. He's actually very excited to record them later today, cause the songs they chose are definitely his taste.

Ross marches through his dressing room, looking at the lyrics one more time before looking at his phone to check the time. Bored as hell, he tries to come up with something to do. He knows Calum and Raini are rehearsing their scenes so he can't bother them. Then an idea pops into his head. If he remembers correctly, Laura should be in the recording studio, recording her two songs. He's kind of curious and he knows Laura would love to see him while she records. With a smile on his face, he walks out the door.

*

Walking through the entrance, he knows exactly where to go. Not only could he walk the halls toward their usual recording booth in his dreams, he could also hear Laura's recognisable voice if he listened closely. Following the sound, he got closer until he arrived at the door that had a sign saying, ''Austin & Ally: The Movie. Recording now! No trespassing.''

''I think they'll make an exception for Austin Moon himself,'' Ross tells himself while smirking. He doesn't even bother to knock before entering the room. With their backs turned to him are Kevin, Heath and Julia, one of the people responsible for the songs we record for Austin and Ally. He quietly closes the door and takes place behind the chairs. They haven't noticed his presence yet, same for Laura who has her eyes closed, fully focussing on the sensitive song she's singing.

Because of you

I will never stray too far from the sidewalkBecause of youI learned to play on the safe sideSo I don't get hurtBecause of youI find it hard to trustNot only me, but everyone around meBecause of youI am afraid

Ross is impressed, he must admit. She never really got the chance to sing on the show, especially slow songs. And she's really killing it. Her eyes stay closed during the whole part and he sees the small wrinkle between her eyebrows he knows from when she's really giving her all when singing.

I lose my way

And it's not too long before you point it outI cannot cryBecause I know that's weakness in your eyesI'm forced to fake, a smile, a laughEvery day of my lifeMy heart can't possibly breakWhen it wasn't even whole to start with

He feels goose pimples when hearing the crack in her voice. He knew she could get lost in songs but this one seems like she's putting her heart and soul in. This is nothing he didn't know from her but he still can't help but awe at her impressive performance. Crossing his arms in front of his chest, he slowly nods on the slow beat of the song, not being able to stop smiling.

Because of you

I will never stray too far from the sidewalkBecause of youI learned to play on the safe sideSo I don't get hurtBecause of youI tried my hardest just to forget everythingBecause of youI don't know how to let anyone else inBecause of youI'm ashamed of my life because it's emptyBecause of youI am afraidBecause of youBecause of you