Chapter 31

''Raini, it doesn't matter what I wear, we're just going out!'' Laura laughs, leaning against the wall as she watches her friend go through her wardrobe. Raini grabs a few tops, comparing them before throwing them all over her shoulder, making them land on the growing pile of clothes on the floor.

''Of course, it matters, this is your last night here, you should make it the best you can. Besides,'' she turns to Laura, putting her hands on her hips. ''who better to help you than the one who knows best what Ross likes you wearing most.''

''What makes you think you know best?'' Laura chuckles but stops when she sees the pile surpass her bed, the thought of her having to tidy it later gives her a headache. Raini throws her a smirk over her shoulder.

''Oh, sweetie. I've seen Ross stare at you for four years, I know exactly what the boy likes.''

''I've never seen him stare,'' Laura states confused, thinking back.

''That's because you were the one he was staring at. Never noticed?'' Laura shakes her head slowly, making Raini giggle. With a big smile, she holds out Laura's black, low-waist skinny jeans. ''These for sure. You got anything red?''

''Why red?'' Laura squeezes herself into the jeans, buttoning them closed in front of the standing mirror. She pulls the waistband a bit up before turning to her side to check out the back.

''Ross has a major weak spot for you in red.'' She freezes all of a sudden, making Laura walk towards her curiously. Raini looks at her gaping as she holds a top in front of her chest. Laura's eyes widen before she tries to snatch it away from her. It was a red top, loose, short and with a wide neck. The hem was torn, making it show even more skin.

''No! Nope, not gonna happen. Not a chance.'' Laura walks backwards as Raini follows her with a grin as she keeps holding up the top. ''Vanessa gave me that one, I didn't want it, but she kept pushing me to bring it with. It's so not me!''

''Ross will go crazy when he sees you in this.'' Raini keeps pushing her, totally ignoring the refusals. She throws the top to her while pointing to the bathroom door. ''Please, just try it on. If you don't like it, we can always find something else. And don't forget a strapless bra.''

''Fine, whatever.'' After only one minute, Laura comes out, a nervous look in her eyes. Raini is just looking on her phone before checking the outfit, grinning confidently. Laura walks towards the mirror, looking at herself self-consciously. She puts her hands on her hips as she turns a circle before trying to cover her bare stomach with her arms. ''I don't know Raini-''

''Too late,'' Raini interrupts her as she giggles, turning her phone to let Laura see the screen. In a chat with Ross, Raini sent a photo of Laura looking at herself in the mirror, taken without her noticing. One sleeve falling off her shoulder, the bright red top stands out to the black jeans. Her arms were hanging loose as she was eying her top insecurely. Under it, she wrote him 'How's this?' to which he responded with a simple 'YES'. ''Can't go back now.''

''Can I at least wear high-waist jeans? My stomach is so bare,'' Laura begs her, covering her belly again. Raini scans her again before shaking her head stubbornly.

''Nope,'' she says, popping the 'p'. ''Your butt looks great in these, can't let that go to waste.''

''You're a horrible friend,'' Laura pouts while walking back to the bathroom to apply a final coat of red lipstick. She looks at Raini through the mirror. ''By the way, you don't know Ross that well.''

''Oh, really?'' she looks up, seeming to be in deep thought before smirking at Laura. ''I'm willing to bet some good money on Ross wearing that black shirt you like.''