Chapter 29

Christmas Eve.

Ross had been trying to give Laura her present, but there was always someone to interrupt them. Raini, Calum, the crew or one of their phones, the moment was never right. But tonight, he felt the need to give it to her, just before they would celebrate Christmas. Everyone's families would fly over to be together tonight, having a Christmas feast with their loved ones.

He was already wearing a nice, white shirt, his dress pants and shoes, styling his hair in front of the big mirror in the bathroom. After a hot shower, he was ready to visit Laura to see her one more time before they would spend their evenings separately. The black box was burning in his pocket, dying to finally be opened. Inspecting himself in the reflection, he puts his hands in his pockets and sighs nervously.

He crosses the hall, about to knock, when he hears the water running in her room. She was most definitely showering, making her unable to open the door for him. This is exactly one of those moments where he was glad he didn't return her pass. With one move of the key, the door opened without a sound.

The sound of running water was now more audible, even could hear her singing clearly. Chuckling, he takes place on a desk chair facing the bed. The entrance to the bathroom was next to her bed, not facing him directly. He leans backwards while putting his hand in his pocket once again, squeezing the box. The muffled sound of water got cut off, making Laura's voice to be heard well.

''Hey, I hear you were a wild one. Ooh,'' she sings the Flo Rida song like her life depends on it, nailing Sia's part. He waits for her to get dressed patiently, enjoying her singing in the meantime. ''If I took you home, it'd be a home run. Show me how you do.''

After less than a minute, the door swings open. That's not nearly enough time to get dressed, Ross thinks and he's right. Instead of fully clothed, Laura steps out, a towel messily wrapped around her frame. Still lost in the song, she walks straight ahead, eyes focused on the bed, where her clothes are laid out. Ross's eyes widen as he looks at her from top to toe, leaning forward to lean on his knees with his elbows. Not looking to her right once, she misses his presence as she keeps swinging. Ross appreciates the view with a grin on his face.

''I want to shut down the club, with you,'' she spins around, letting the wet hair in her messy bun spin with her. Bringing her hand to the part where her towel is tucked in on top of her chest, Ross's grin falls from his face, only being able to guess what's she's planning on doing next. ''Hey, I heard you liked the wild ones, ooh... MY GOD!''

She grabs the top of the towel, holding it against her body as she steps backwards in shock. Tripping, she falls on the bed backwards in which she quickly lays her other hand on the bottom of the towel, which only reaches a few inches beneath her butt. It's quiet for a second as Ross stands up from the chair and walks over her.

''Need any help there?'' he puts one hand on the bedpost and the other in his side as he looks down at Laura, looking at him helplessly with big eyes. He offers his hand, which she gladly takes, and pulls her up so she sits straight on the edge of the bed. Sitting next to her, he plants a kiss on her cheek.

''You scared the hell out of me, Ross. What-what if I was naked?'' She stutters, still unable to find words after the surprise. He looks at her for a second, his eyes drifting down.

''You walk naked around here? Good thing I kept this.'' He shows her the white pass between his index and middle finger with a grin on his face. Gaping at him, not believing he broke his promise of returning it, she shakes her head before snatching it from him before he can react.

''I'll take that. I can't believe you still have it.'' Standing up, she stretches an arm out for him to grab as she still holds her towel to secure it. ''As sweet as it is that you came to visit me, I need to get dressed. In the bathroom. So it's time to go.''