Chapter 16

Laura had been texting Raini to ask why she still hasn't shown up at the place they usually come together in the lobby and where she was. hanging out. She looks up from her phone to see Ross walking in her direction. His eyes are fixed on the screen of his phone as well as he almost bumps into her.

''Hey, Ross!'' She yells just before he's about to run into her. His eyes look up quickly and he smiles at her while putting his phone in his back pocket.

''Sorry, I was just trying to get hold of Calum, he didn't answer any of my texts and I don't think he's in his room,'' he apologises to her and leans against the couch Laura's sitting on.

''I haven't spoken to Raini either, she's never this late,'' Laura tells him doubtfully as she checks her phone again to see her texts had stayed ignored. At the same moment, Kevin and Heath walk towards the two.

''Good news, guys. Plans are changed for today. You two,'' Kevin points between them, ''are shooting an improvised scene today.'' Ross and Laura look at each other confused before shooting a bunch of questions at them. Heaths hold his hands up to shut them up.

''Save the questions. Follow us, we'll explain later.''

*

''So here's the thing; it has been freezing for a few days here in New York, which caused the ice on this lake to become thick enough to skate on. Which was an opportunity we couldn't let pass by. Today, we will be shooting an improvised scene, which will contain no script, no directions, and all in only one take.''

''But why aren't Calum and Raini here?'' Laura asks them, still confused about the concept and a little nervous, realising how much pressure there will be to make it a perfect take. The lake was quite small, only a dozen people skating. On the side of the ice stood a small, improvised bar where they sold hot beverages.

''Because they're not in the scene. Austin and Ally are going on a date,'' Kevin explains grinning widely.

''The fans will sure love that,'' Ross admits with a grin since he's actually happy to be doing something that he loves. He had been skating for so long and the occasions in which he could practice his hobby were rare.

''I love the idea!'' Laura squeals happily before looking at the slippery ice in front of her and the bizarrely thin blades. ''But you know that I'm horrible at ice skating, right?'' The writers look at each other knowingly.

''We do. And we also know Ally is horrible at it too. Which is exactly the picture we had in mind.''

''So what's with the 'no lines or direction'? We have to improvise the whole thing?'' Ross asks them one more time while pointing between Laura and him.

''That's the plan. We know it's tricky, but we've seen you guys when you're not acting. There's no doubt you can pull this off. Just stay in character and do whatever Austin and Ally would do. We have a few things we want you guys to do, but the rest you can make up yourselves,'' Heath assures them while holding up two pairs of skates. ''First thing, Laura sits on the bench while you get your skates. Then you help her put hers on, you being the expert in this. You will skate for a little while, Ross, make sure to assist Laura, before getting a cup of hot chocolate at the bar. Lastly, we want you guys to mess around in an ice hockey game.''

''Awesome!'' Ross exclaims, grabbing the skates from him before turning to Laura. ''You're going down.''

''I can't even stand up straight, are you serious?'' She groans while looking at the two writers.

''It'll be fine, Laura. Everyone take your places, please. Everyone on the lake is extra, so they'll give you enough space. Scene 8, extra scene, ice skating date, take one. Action!''