Chapter 7

A loud beeping disturbed the quiet environment. Opening his eyes, the sunlight coming through the thin curtains, Ross stretches his muscles, turns off the annoying sound and scans his hotel room. When he came last night he didn't look around much because of the events that night and went straight to bed.

His room was big, no suite, but definitely luxurious. White walls with creamy coloured details surrounded him, light brown lamination with a thick chocolate coloured carpet laying around his king sized bed. A desk, a medium sized couch and some chairs were placed around the room and a big TV hung on the wall, facing his bed.

Checking the time, he sees he has about 30 minutes left to get ready and meet the rest at breakfast. Not being the quickest in the morning, he realises he better hurry. Entering the bathroom, a small shining paradise with big mirrors, two large sinks and a shower large enough to do a cartwheel in, Ross checks his reflection in a quick glance. Large, dark circles are noticeable under his eyes and hair as messy as ever as a result of a night of getting barely any sleep.

Jumping into the huge shower, he quickly freshens up while thinking back about the past evening. Was it awkward? Yes. Did Laura feel the awkwardness, too? No doubt. Did he enjoy it? Absolutely. They were always messing around, what did it make different this time? The only hope he had, was that they could forget about it. They needed to focus on the movie and this wouldn't help them focus.

After getting dressed, making his hair look acceptable and collecting his stuff, he had ten minutes to spare. Thinking about going downstairs already, his eyes fall on a single closed door that he didn't notice before. Curious, he walks towards it, realising it's not locked and opens it. A tiny room appears, filled with multiple racks with all sorts of clothing, a closet with a dozen pair of sneakers and a table filled with make-up and hair products in front of a large mirror. Scanning through the racks, he finds the typical 'Austin Moon' style he knows. V-necks ripped jeans and, of course, his famous red leather jacket.

After five minutes of looking through the clothes he'll be wearing for the movie, he figures he should head downstairs. While waiting for the elevator to reach the right floor, he checks his phone for the first time since they left for New York. Immediately he gets thousands of notifications. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, it looks like every social media exploded.

Opening twitter, the first thing he sees is a picture a fan, named WeAdoreRaura, tweeted him. He remembers playing connect four with her a year ago and immediately recognises the name. Opening the photo, he stumbles backwards, his back connecting with the silver elevator wall roughly. The photo is a screenshot of the trending topics list, the worldwide one, he reads at the top. At the bottom, he sees hashtags involving famous bands like One Direction and 5 Seconds Of Summer, a little more up some involving an, apparently, important football game. But at the very top, he sees a hashtag that sounds familiar. Very familiar.

#RauraIsReal2015

With a shaking thumb, he taps the highlighted hashtag, not really knowing what to expect. It leads it to the page that shows dozens of different accounts tweeting the same hashtag over and over again, followed by a caption in caps lock, describing how happy they are. Scrolling upwards, he sees that the trending is still going on, tens of tweets being posted every five seconds. Looking at the section that shows the photos that are most tweeted, he sees some old pictures of him and Laura, in the time they still did multiple interviews together, and some selfies of the four cast members, Raini and Calum cropped out sometimes.

But one photo is new. Seeing it's the most used picture, he figures it's the one that lighted the fire. Tapping on it, enlarging it, he sees a boy with dark blond hair covered by a yellow beanie and red headphones, sitting in a plane seat. Next to him, a girl with dark brown, large curls tied together in a high bun. Her head lays on the boy's shoulder and her hands are clearly grabbing his arm. A dark blue hoodie is draped over her shoulders and you can clearly see her having a small smile on her pink lips.