Chapter 21

''So, tonight was fun,'' Ross tries to make awkward small talk, standing in front of his door with his hands in his pockets. Laura nods quietly before breaking the silence.

''Ross, was this a date?'' Laura confronts him, fumbling her hands and looking up at him expectantly. Ross tightens his fist when hearing the uncomfortable question.

''I don't- I mean, do you want it to be? Not-not that I want it to be! That sounded horrible.'' He walks closer to her, standing in the middle of the hallway. He sighs as he grabs his hair in frustration.

''Why didn't you kiss me in the park?'' Laura bluntly asks him, not being able to keep it in any longer. He swallows before looking her in the eyes, deciding it's time to be honest with her.

''I don't want to push you into doing something you might regret.''

Everything makes sense to her like that. Every time he broke the moment was just because he was afraid of hurting her by making a move. He didn't know she had been waiting for him to all along.

''You're thinking too much.'' She shakes her head in disbelief as she takes a step forward and tilts her head back.

''I'm really not. You said yourself that you were confused about what you felt. I don't wanna make that decision for you.''

''Don't think about it,'' she tells him before grabbing his collar to pull him down and connects her lips with his. She used the exact same sentence he used on the night they sang the song together and he refused to kiss her. It makes much more sense now, as his mind goes blank.

After he realises what's going on, he moves his lips against hers, softly kissing her back. His arms go up to cup her cheek as her hands rest on his chest. He walks forward, pushing her against the hallway wall. The kiss is gentle as they're slowly moving their lips before letting go after a few seconds.

Her eyes flutter open, looking at him as she's smiling widely. She bites her lip while he runs his thumb over her cheek. He brings her face closer again before they get interrupted. They hear a faint sound behind Raini's door, making Ross's eyes widen. He quickly looks around before turning to Laura.

''Card! Where's your card?'' She reaches into her pocket before handing it to him, hesitating. He grabs it and opens her door, pushing her inside and pulling it shut right after. Laura faces her closed door, still in shock, trying to process what just happened. Leaning closer to the wood, she hears Ross talking to Raini.

''So how was it tonight? Did you have fun?'' Raini asks him suggestively in which Ross nervously laughs.

''Yeah, it was great. Laura already went to bed.''

''Did she really? I thought I heard you guys talking.'' Of course, she did, she had been eavesdropping for sure. Laura rolls her eyes as she leans closer.

''Nope, she went straight to her room,'' he assures her. ''And I'm going too. Goodnight,'' Ross ends the conversation rapidly.

''Okay, well, I'm glad you guys had fun.'' The disappointment is clearly noticeable as she walks back into her room. Ross waits for two seconds before quickly walking to Laura's door.

''Laur,'' he whispers, his mouth close to the wood. Laura sighs deeply, hesitating for a moment, before opening her door softly. Looking at him, furrowing her eyebrows, he watches her with an apologetic look in his eyes.

''What was that all about?'' Ross opens his mouth to answer before closing it again and pushes the door open to walk inside. Laura walks after him, still expecting an answer.

''We were this close to being caught by Raini. I had no other choice, sorry,'' Ross apologises, rubbing his neck. Laura shakes her head, narrowing her eyes as she sits on the bed.