Chapter 12

''I love this one!'' Raini squeals while holding up one of the photos. It shows the four on top of the Empire State building, doing superhero poses. Calum has his back straight, on fist in the air and looks up with a serious face. Ross stands with his legs apart, and his fists clenched on his hips while looking in the camera. Laura and Raini had matched their poses, standing both on one leg, the other one straight behind them, and lean towards the camera like they're flying while looking each other in the eyes laughing.

''That's a good one, I think the writers chose this one too as one of the promotion photos.'' Calum agrees and grabs it from Raini. Turning it around, he reveals a little, black cross in the top right corner. Kevin had told them the mark meant that photo was chosen to get published.

''Too bad this one wasn't chosen, it's fun.'' Laura comments and holds up another. In between the shoots, they had been given a short break. One of the crew members decided to put some music on, to prevent they would get too cold with the icy wind on top of the tower. And it worked, they had danced to numerous Walk The Moon and Bruno Mars songs. Without knowing, the photographer had taken a few photos of them dancing around.

Raini and Laura were dancing together with big smiles on their faces, Ross was standing with his back towards the camera, his hands in the air and Calum was kicking his legs up.

''Oh, this one is.'' Ross found another photo of them dancing that did have a cross on the back. On this one, the group had split. Raini and Calum were in the back dancing on opposite of each other, making funny faces, but you noticed that your eyes were pulled to the centre. In the front, Ross and Laura were dancing together; Ross had his hand up, spinning Laura around and looking at her smiling. Laura's hair was floating around her in the spin, her eyes closed and a big open mouth smile was clearly noticeable on her face.

''Yeah, I wonder why,'' Raini teases them, laughing while Calum joins in. Laura rolls her eyes while looking at the other photos. In total six photos were chosen, three on the Empire State Building and three in Central Park. Raini picked up the second pile photos. ''Let's look at the Central Park photos, I'm dying to see how they turned out.''

The photos were sorted from start of the shoot to finish. The first one showed them sitting on the snow covered bench, Laura leaning against Ross, both smiling towards the camera. Laura's bare legs were almost as white as the snow around them. It was the first of the three that made the cut.

''Cute one.'' Raini praised them and put it back. The next few were of them standing under the street light, looking into each other's eyes. This was before Ross defended Laura and they had worked extra fast. They skipped through them, hearing the occasional aww from either Raini or Calum until they one particular was exposed. Raini and Laura gasped while Ross and Calum had their mouth hung open.

It showed the two under the street light, Laura's back pressed against it. Ross had his hands lightly touching Laura's cheeks while you could see Laura's hands firmly grabbing his scarf and pulling him down. Her eyes were fluttered closed, head slightly tilted back and her full lips slightly apart. Not even an inch apart were Ross's lips, closed and in a small smile, looking down at her adoringly.

''Wow, that's so romantic,'' Raini gushes and quickly checks the back for the black cross, which was indeed there. Laura just nods, still gaping at the picture and brings it closer to her face, inspecting every detail. On her long eyelashes, she could see a tiny, lost snowflake. It must've snowed lightly, without them noticing. The bright red lipstick made her lips look even fuller and a small blush on her cheek showed the effect of her low body temperature. The studio light that illuminated them, showed the small dimple in Ross's cheek and the gleam in his eyes clearly.