Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Brooklyn's POV:

I woke up at around twelve o'clock the next day. I was so tired that I need sleep desperately. Ryder was gone when I woke up simply because he had business to attend to and can not afford to sleep all day with his busy schedule.

I changed into track pants and scrunched them up to just before my knees. They were grey and had big pockets and hung low on my hips. I grabbed a black shirt and shoved on my flip flops tying my light brown hair up in a bun. I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen.

"Did Ryder eat?" I asked Jax.

"No, Luna." He responded. Everyone called me 'luna' so I have gotten used to it. I prepared a fruit salad with French toast and eggs. I was keen on eating healthy.

I poured a glass of water and walked to his office. He sat with his hand in his hair looking down at a clip board. He wore workout shorts and a grey workout shirt.

"Jax said you haven't eaten yet." I said setting down the platter. I pulled a chair close and sat down eating some of the fruit salad.

His muscles tensed hard as he looked at the papers. I don't think he even noticed me.

I set down the plate and walked over grabbing his face. He growled before staring into my eyes.

"Good morning to you too, Ryder. I made you food. Eat it." I ordered before placing a light kiss on his lips. I let him go turning away but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to sit on his lap. He began kissing my neck and growling playfully into it making me laugh.

"Good morning my princess." He said kissing my temple as I took back my fruit. He ate and looked over the papers.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He asked.

"Very." I said with a mouth full of food.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" I asked setting down the empty bowl and taking a sip of his water.

"Annoying alpha business involving Black Wood Company." He said sighing angrily.

"Any news from the council?" I asked.

"No. They don't know what the hell they are doing. None of the packs believe us so nothing will get done."

"So what do we do?"

"We stay active against these creatures and if they start attacking. We will be ready." I nodded and began picking at some of the eggs.

There was a knock at the door and in popped Samantha. This girl is everywhere.

"Alpha? Jax scents something." She said. I stood up quickly and walked ahead of Ryder. Jax stood outside glaring into the forest.

Once I came out the scent hit me knocking me back. Infection, disease, death, blood...everything. Ryder held my arm.

"You okay?" He asked. The scent was this strong and fresh?

I quickly exploded as Ryder yelled at me and I took off into the forest chasing the smell as it began to escape.

I felt weightless as my legs pushed to an impossible pace. I came to a clearing where a body laid on the ground. I shifted back and walked around cautiously.

I bent down as I became closer and looked at it. The creature was grey and the eyes were glazed over with a smokey blue colour.

It was attacked by an animal and it's insides were rotten.

This was the creature. It smelt like an infected wound.

"Oh my God..." Samantha whispered. I didn't hear them walk in.

"It's a snow elf." Jax said surprised.

"A snow elf? I thought they were extinct?" I asked.

"They are. They have been gone for hundreds of years. They were allied with the vampires and the demons wiped them out." He explained.

"How did they come back then?" Samantha asked.

"I have no clue..." Jax said.

"Take the body. I will notify the council." Ryder ordered. Men came and collected the snow elf as I walked back with Ryder.

A snow elf?

An elder in our pack used to tell stories about them. Snow elves are beautiful, they turn grey when they are dead. Originally they have skin and hair as white as snow and eyes that are crystal blue or yellow. I have seen pictures but to know there are real ones?

This is so exciting.

I followed Ryder to his office where he talked to the council on the phone. Once he was finished I asked him to come take a break with me for a bit. Bags were under his eyes. I know he didn't sleep good because he doesn't know how to relax.

"Princess I want too. But I can't." He said.

"Fine..." I said walking over to him. I made a quick firm grip on his friend and his eyes went black and I instantly felt the arousal.

"Have fun by yourself." I whispered clicking my tongue and giving a squeeze before letting go. I turned and he growled.

"Brooklyn." He warned.

"See ya later, princess." I mocked laughing as I walked down the hall way.