Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Brooklyn's POV:

As the heat coursed through me painfully, Ryder stayed away. Although, I appreciated it because I wasn't ready for pups or sex with Ryder yet. The werewolf inside me was aching for the feel of Ryder dominating me and the feeling of him inside me.

I almost broke and gave in at times but I did my best to not think about it.

I was pissed at myself for what I did to Ryder. He sacrificed his brother for me.

I walked outside in flip flops and shorts and a white t-shirt. I came across a small garden that was dead and inside was a tombstone.

"Robert Andrews..."I whispered. This was his brothers grave. I looked around at the garden and I frowned. Everything was dead.

I went to the tool shed and grabbed some tools and began taking out the dead plants and replacing them with new ones. Gardening always made me happy and being outside pleased me. It made me forget about my heat.

I was gardening away and when I finished I stood up and looked down at my dirt stained legs and clothes and I laughed silently to myself. I turned and froze as Ryder stared at me with crossed arms.

"Ryder? How long were you standing there?" I asked embarrassed. My cheeks felt insanely hot.

"Awhile." He answered happily.

"Ryder...I'm sorry for being...a...well an ungrateful bitch." I said bluntly.

"You're my princess. It's okay." He said with his arms still crossed. He didn't meet my eyes. It obviously caused him discomfort.

"The garden for your brother was dead so I decided to replace it."

"Why? I was just going to tear it down." He said walking around and touching the plants.

"Because it's your family and you did a lot for me and it was the least I could do."

"You did it for me?" He asked surprised.

"Yea...I mean I don't know if you're into flowers and plants but I felt like you should have some place for him."

"Thank you." He said. I smiled and tied my hair up.

"I was thinking about getting a bench swing. Somewhere to sit."

"You don't have to do that."

"I want to. Don't worry."I smiled reassuringly. I grabbed the tools and began walking back to the tool shed and putting them away.

"Ugh, I need a bath." I laughed.

"Go get cleaned up for dinner." He said guiding me inside. I nodded and went upstairs to take a cool shower. My heat was beginning to end thank God.

But it wasn't fully over so I still had symptoms.

I braided my hair when I got out and I put on some jean shorts, a white v-neck and a grey cardigan. I walked downstairs in search for Ryder.

"Where is Ryder?" I asked a maid.

"Alpha Andrews is in his study ma'am he is on the phone." She said.

I walked to his study and opened the door slowly. His back was turned to me and the large circle symbol was on his back to represent his pack. Yes he was shirtless for some reason.

His back flexed as he gripped the chair.

"I don't care what Donovan says. No means no. If he goes and scouts in the uncharted territory his pack will be slaughtered." He growled angrily.

"Royce...I don't care. Tell him I said no and that's final." He said ending the call and throwing his phone against the wall and breaking it.

I walked behind him and touched his back lightly rubbing small circles.

"Brooklyn? What's wrong?" He asked clearly stressed. He leaned over his table. Since I last saw him his eyes grew darker and his hair was messy. He was tired.

"Ryder. You're exhausted. You should get some sleep."

"I can't sleep." He said grimly standing up straight.

"Why? what's wrong?" I asked curiously. My mate wasn't sleeping? it hurt me.

"Nothing to worry about." He said.

"Come." I ordered.

"Brooklyn I have stuff to do." He said.

"It can wait." I said taking his hand. I brought him upstairs and closed the blinds and turned off the light. He sat on the bed and I sat down next to him. He laid down and I laid next to him and traced his tattoos.

His chest rumbled in pleasure and I giggled at the feeling. He turned over and I wrapped my arms around him and then my leg wrapped around his in some odd humping position.

"Hmm princess." He said happily. He was dreaming about me!

Knowing him it was probably a dirty dream. I laughed lightly and pressed my lips to his lightly.

I cuddled into him and soon fell asleep.