Chapter 35

Chapter 35:

Brooklyn's POV:

"Andrew your pet is outside." Joey called as she walked back in. Andrew sighed and walked outside and I followed him with Jaxon in my arms. Someone had too much energy because his little legs were going at hyper speed and he was doing a lot of baby talk.

Sam laid on the ground sleeping with sweat slicked skin and shorts. He had mud all over him and no shoes.

"Carla, can you go run him a bath?" I asked the maid.

"He doesn't need one." Andrew said.

"Andy, the poor guy is exhausted let him rest and get cleaned." I said calmly and he instantly relaxed.

"But, Ryder sai-"

"Andy do I look like a person who is afraid of Ryder?" I asked smiling.

"No but you should be." A familiar voice said. He came out with no shirt on and shorts, I stared at his chest as he walked over.

"Ryder let the guy bathe and get something to eat." I said. He sighed heavily and I knew he would say yes.

"Fine; Alex, Jay come get Sammy." Ryder called. The young boys came out and helped him up.

"Andrew keep an eye on Ella." Ryder said.

"Of course." Andrew agreed happily, what a little shit. He walked back inside and then Ryder turned to me.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"For a run and you are coming with me." He said taking Jax from me. He handed him to the Nanny and I stared at him. I haven't been on a run in ages, in fact I haven't shifted in ages.

"I haven't shifted in so long it's going to hurt." I said.

"Wait longer and it will be even more painful." He said. I sighed and took off my shirt. As I did Ryder was already in werewolf form and I gawked.

"How did you do that so fast?" I whispered. He made a sound that sounded like a scoff and I rolled my eyes. I closed my eyes and cringed as my bones began to crack. I arched my back and pulled my neck up as my bones fixed to their form. I let out a satisfied groan and lunged into the forest and after Ryder.

Sam's POV:

"Thank you." I said to the guys for helping me upstairs. As a new werewolf I sometimes shifted uncontrollably and I was exhausted from it. The bath had steam emitting from it; it was huge. Larger than the baths in my old place, it was like a hot tub.

As I was stepping in the door opened. I turned quickly to see a girl with brown straight hair. I grabbed the nearest towel which was the size of a facecloth and covered myself.

"Can I help you?" I asked trying to cover myself.

"Relax. Do you not know how werewolves operate? When we shift we are naked, I thought you knew that?" She smiled, for some reason I smiled back. What was I doing? This random girl walks in on me trying to clean myself? And I'm smiling?

"You change in front of each other?" I asked.

"Of course. We are family." She said setting down towels. I nodded and waited for her to leave. She looked me up and down and smiled again.

"My name is Joey, come see me when you are done." She smirked and I stared stunned.

"Oh and when you're done with your friend too." She laughed walking out. I looked down and groaned.

"Seriously, Sam..."I sighed finally emerging into the water.

-------

"I'm exhausted." I said drying my hair. I was given a nice room on strict orders under Andrew. I didn't have free roam until I could be trusted.

I shoved on track pants and threw the towels in the hamper when there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I called. Andrew never came to my room. The door opened and Joey popped in, she smiled nicely holding a blood packet.

"You didn't have to do that." I said walking over.

"I was given orders." She said placing it in my hand.

"By who? Andrew?" I asked opening the top and downing it.

"Yea. He is watching Ella." She said sitting down on the chair.

"Okay...?" I said confused throwing out the empty packet.

"Oh, he also said to watch you. Just in case you have an accident." She smirked.

"An accident?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's what we say to pups like you. You can't control your shift yet. Any stimulant can set you off." She said.

"How do I control it?"

"By practicing. Whenever you are stimulated control it. You own your wolf, your wolf does not own you."

"What do you mean stimulated?"

"What do you think it means?" She laughed.

"Sex. Once you find your mate sex is inevitable." She said standing up.

"A mate?" I asked laying back on my bed.

"Like a soul mate. Your other half, your possession, your prize. Your girl." She said staring out the window.

"It is determined by a single touch. Once the touch of two mates happens, then mating symptoms begin. Heats, anger, agitation." She explained.

"Who is your mate?" I asked.

"I don't have one." She said strolling on over.

She rested a delicate finger on my shoulder and her blue eyes flashed black. It was like she electrocuted me, a shock went up my spine and I sat up as my vision began to blur to shift.

"On second thought...Maybe I do have a mate." She smirked.