Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Brooklyn's POV:

"Go! What are you doing!? Skate!" I yelled at the tv. I was a huge hockey fan. Never played it at school but I always watched it. I was watching the Toronto Maple Leafs play the San Jose Sharks.

The leafs just weren't skating.

"You alright?" Ryder asked me.

"They aren't skating." I pouted. He kissed my head and laughed.

"Calm down." He said walking away. As the intermission came on I hopped off of the couch and followed after him.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He went to the front door and pulled it open and there stood Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth?" I said surprised. She held a bouquet of roses. She came to visit Robert's grave.

"Hi." She said quietly. We lead her out back and to the small garden. I don't know if she hated me because basically Ryder killed Robert to save me, so...

"Wow...Who did the garden?" She asked surprised.

"Brooklyn." Ryder responded. She looked back at me and shot me a warm smile.

"It's beautiful, Brook."

"Thank you. It was no trouble." I smiled. Okay maybe she didn't hate me.

"Although he was an ass..."She sighed touching the grey tomb stone.

"He had a soft spot for you." Ryder said. Maybe I should leave? I began walking out slowly until I was out of the garden and I turned and walked away.

I heard a rustling in the bushes and I stopped. I turned and saw a pair of crystal blue eyes staring back at me.

"Hello?" I asked. The blue eyes emerged from the bushes and out came a beautiful little girl. She had long pale blonde hair and pale skin, her eyes were amazing. She had to have been four... maybe three?

"Hi." I smiled.

"Mama?" She asked.

"No. Where is your mama?" I asked. She looked around and looked back at me confused.

"She's gone." She said sadly.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Ella." She answered.

"How old are you?"

"Four." She said proudly. I eyed her dirty and tattered clothing and her muck filled hair.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Brooklyn." I said softly.

"Can you help me find my mama?" She asked.

"You have no clue where she went?"

"Some mean men with red eyes came and she told me to hide." Vampires.

"Oh..." I said not sure of what to do.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. She nodded rubbing her small stomach. I held out my hand and she stumbled over and took it.

I lead her to the kitchen where Ryder and Elizabeth sat having coffee.

"Ah there you ar- Why do you have a snow elf?" Ryder asked. His muscles tensed.

"Calm down. She is four and her mom...got kidnapped by vampires." I said whispering the last part.

He peered down at the little girl and she stared up at him sweetly. She was cute.

He picked her up under her arms and sat her on the counter.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"I don't know." She said.

"Your mom didn't say what she was doing?"

"No. We were just running from the red eyes. They are the ones who took her." She explained. The vampires were after the snow elves? For what?

"That's why they are here. Seeking protection." I said.

"Why don't you get her cleaned up? I will get someone to make her some food." Ryder said. I nodded and brought her up to our bedroom. I ran a bath and as she bathed I borrowed some clothes from a mother with a daughter in the pack. It was little shorts and a white shirt that had butterflies on it.

I got her out and dressed her and began brushing out her hair. I was having way too much fun with this. I blow dried her hair and brushed it out. Her hair was beautiful. Such a nice pale colour. I loved it.

I brought her downstairs after and gave her some lunch. Poor thing was starving she demolished the plate infront of her. I would take her to the doctor after to make sure she has no illnesses. I brought her down and the doctor checked her out and Ryder came he beckoned for me to come out.

I went out and he stared at me.

"Are you sure about keeping...her?" He whispered.

"Ryder she is a little girl! Her mother was killed and she is a snow elf which for some reason is attracting vampires."

"Exactly. We have her here, they catch her scent and attack us."

"This is the largest pack with numerous houses, we have over two hundred werewolves and she is one four year old snow elf. Her scent is masked."

"Alright princess." He said his gaze softening. I patted his cheek.

"Good boy." I smiled sauntering away he lustfully growled after me but I ignored it.

"So doc, is she healthy?" I asked.

"She is perfectly healthy." He smiled. She looked up at me and smiled and I grabbed her off the table and sat her down.

"Are you tired Ella?" I asked. She nodded yawning and I brought her to the living room an she laid on the couch. I turned on the tv and sat with her as she passed out.

I got up and walked towards Ryder's office. As I reached the door, Samantha's scent was coated. I growled and kicked the door down as she lounged across Ryder's couch. She was trying to be sexy but he wasn't paying any attention to her.

"Brooklyn?" He said surprised.

"Out. Now." I growled at Samantha. She huffed and got up and walked away. Jax came in soon after.

"Jax, give us a moment. "Ryder ordered. His eyes stayed glued to me and they were pitch black. He nodded and stepped out and the door remained open. Once Jax was gone his arm was around my waist and his lips were on mine and he had me pressed against the wall.

I come in to talk and this happens? seriously?