Chapter 48

Chapter 48:

Brooklyn's POV:

"Carver." Ryder said relieved. Carver walked forward and grasped Ryder into a tight hug. A large scar was on his forehead and I frowned. I still had no clue how Ryder was on hugging terms with the vampire lord.

"I'm glad to see you okay." Ryder said pulling away.

"Of course, I am ecstatic that you two are well." Carver said looking towards Andrew who nodded and patted his shoulder.

"Carver this is my mate, Brooklyn. Brooklyn this is Carver." Ryder said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I said as he took my hand and kissed the top.

"The pleasure is all mine. This is my wife Elena." He said gesturing to the pale woman with brown hair.

"It is lovely to meet you. Ryder showed us pictures of you and your family." She smiled and I smiled as well, over the fact that Ryder bragged about us to other people.

"Ryder thank you so much for saving my dear Carver." Elena smiled taking Carver's hand.

"Saving?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"We had an attack with the demons." Ryder said simply but the side look he gave me said that we would discuss it later.

"Yes and Ryder saved my love." She said caressing Carver's face. I nodded and smiled nicely when someone called us.

"Alpha, Luna. Ella is awake." Doc said. I nodded and touched Ryder's clothed arm.

"I will see to her." I said.

"I must go see to our daughter. I will see you all soon." I smiled walking inside. I undid my jacket and jogged to the infirmary which was hard because I was in heels but I still managed to do it.

Ella was awake groggily in her bed with a breathing tube in her nose. I smiled walking over and sat on her bed softly pushing back her hair.

"Hello, baby girl. How are you feeling?" I whispered running my thumb on her forehead.

"I'm tired." She whispered sleepily.

"You look tired." I laughed and she smiled.

"Are my brothers and sister ok?" She asked and I smiled again.

"You have three new brothers and a new baby sister." And she smiled.

"What are there names?" She asked.

"The first born is Connor, second is Spencer, third is Ryan and the fourth is Tessa."

"Is Jaxon ok?" She asked.

"Of course he is. You worry about getting better ok." I said.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Of course I am. All thanks to you because you are my little guardian angel." I whispered kissing her forehead.

"I don't have a halo." She giggled.

"You can't see it but everyone else can. It is shining so bright for how great you are."

"Is dad ok?" She asked.

"Of course. Now get some rest." She nodded and closed her eyes and fell back into a deep sleep.

"I don't suppose you would be up for some Kangaroo care?" Doc asked.

"Why is something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"Spencer is having a little issues with breathing. Some skin on skin contact should help him." He said. I nodded and sat in the chair as he brought over Spencer. I undid my button up shirt and took Spencer into my arms. He placed a rocking chair in the room so I rocked back and forth and watched the tv while Spencer curled into my chest.

"He is already breathing better." Doc smiled happily.

I rubbed his little back and hummed softly while Ella slept quietly.

----

After about twenty minutes I took each child into my arms and finally Jaxon was crying for Ryder and I. I went upstairs and scooped him up into my arms. I hadn't seen him all day and he giggled snuggling into my neck.

"Hello handsome boy." I smiled.

I walked downstairs to find Carver and Ryder in the study.

"We will come back tomorrow for more training. Veronica will not get away with this." Carver said determined. Jax cried for Ryder when he saw him and Ryder took him into his arms.

"Hello there." Carver said and Jax smiled.

"Alright see you tomorrow." Ryder said shaking his hand.

"I will. See you tomorrow, Brooklyn." He said bowing slightly to me.

"Goodbye." I said waving. Once they left I turned to Ryder who was sitting in his chair and perched Jaxon on his desk.

"Did you have a good day?" He asked him but Jax was busy with a pen.

"Where were you?" Ryder asked me as I sat on the couch.

"Some time with the kids and I saw Ella and then I came here." I said.

"How are they?" He asked.

"Good, Spencer had a little trouble breathing so I did some kangaroo care and I talked to Ella for a bit before she fell back asleep but she seems to be doing much better."

"How long will she be sleeping for?"

"Doc said at least another day until her energy gets back up. As she gets older her affinity will become stronger. But right now she is six, her affinity is pretty strong for a six year old but not strong enough to bring someone back to life." I said as he walked over. He pressed his lips to mine for a passionate kiss.

"Hopefully she won't have to do it again."

"Why?"I asked.

"Because it scared the hell out of me when that heart monitor went flat."