Chapter 41

Chapter 41:

Brooklyn's POV:

"Brooklyn? Brooklyn?!" I sat up fast in my old bed to see Alex looking at me worriedly.

"Are you alright?" He asked pushing away my sweaty hair.

"I had a nightmare..." I said breathing heavily. My heart felt like it would thump out of my chest. I pressed a hand to my sore stomach and he looked down still worried.

"Do I need to wake the doctor?" He asked.

"No...I'm fine." I said looking over at Jaxon's crib.

"They are both fine." He said. I laid back down and he laid beside me.

"What was your dream about?" He asked.

"Ryder had said something about vampire enchanters." I said.

"Vampire enchanters? One is bound to you?" He asked sitting up.

"That's what he said. Yes."

"He has not taken steps to kill it?" He asked.

"It is in vampire territory. We cannot kill it unless it crosses over to our realm." I explained.

"Well he is there right now. He should mention something to Carver." He mused.

"I haven't thought about it. Maybe he is still there." I said reaching over and grabbing my phone. I quickly texted him and awaited a response.

"He is probably busy, you know." Alex said. I nodded and set my phone back down. I laid back and stared at the ceiling.

"I'm stressed beyond belief." I sighed.

"It is mainly because he is away. Once he comes back you will be fine. Just watch." He assured. I took a deep breath and snuggled closer to him and shut my eyes.

------

The next morning I woke up and Alex was gone. I walked over to Jaxon's crib and a note was left.

"I have him. Don't worry, love mom." I smiled and set the note down and got dressed. I picked up my phone to check for a text from Ryder but there was none. He wouldn't go this long without texting me.

A wave of fear washed over me and I took a shaky deep breath. I texted him again and placed my phone in my pocket and went downstairs.

"Hi mom." Ella smiled as she sat on the couch watching tv. I kissed her hair and went into the kitchen where Jaxon sat in a high chair. He smiled and hit the plastic as I came over and kissed his head.

"Morning baby." I whispered. I grabbed  breakfast and sat down at the table.

"What is the matter?" My mother asked.

"I texted Ryder last night and he hasn't responded." I sighed.

"Oh darling, he is probably busy. You are just all bound up because he is not here. I am sure he is fine." She assured. I smiled not feeling any better and I began eating.

Ryder's POV:

"For fuck sakes." I groaned opening my eyes. I looked around at the elegant room and grimaced. I couldn't move and I growled when I remembered what had happened.

"I need a shot." I said. I looked around and there was no way of communication. I struggled to grab my phone and I opened it to see messages from Brooklyn. I ignored them and went straight to Andrew.

"Andrew." I breathed.

"I can't move. I need the shot." He said from the other side.

"Shit. Where is Elizabeth?" I asked.

"I don't know. I don't know where we are." He said. I looked around for any clues and I finally saw it.

"Oh for fucks sakes!" I said again. I stared at the ancient pictures on the wall. It was demonic pictures, a shrine dedicated to their God Malacath.

"What?" He asked.

"How are we in the demon realm?" I asked.

"I don't know. You were hit by four silver arrows. You fell unconscious and then they threw grenades of smoke. Then I blanked." He explained.

"They must want something. Why else would they leave our phones?" I asked.

"Contact Emanuel." He suggested.

"Alright. Contact any other pack leaders." I ordered. I ended the call and began calling other packs.