Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Brooklyn's POV:

I got bored with Ryder so I left him to focus on his work as I went to explore a little bit. I got bored with that too so I ended up watching TV in our bedroom. We had human cable so I was able to watch human world TV and keep up with the latest celebrity gossip.

As I was switching from some police soap opera Ryder came in and I turned the TV off.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Pack your things we have to go."He sighed.

"Go? Go where?"I asked.

"The council palace. They are ordering a huge pack meeting so we will be there for a week." He said tossing me a duffel bag. I got up and began throwing in shirts, shorts and workout clothes and a few nice outfits for pack representations.

"That all happened after I left?"I asked grabbing my tooth brush, hair brush and makeup.

"Yes. I sent the council an email and this is what they responded with." He sighed grimly. I haven't been to the council palace before. I have when I was little because that is where you get your pack mark. It was a mark that was burned into your shoulder with your packs' symbol. Other then that, I have never been there.

I changed into a pair of jeans and a nice white shirt wth a grey cardigan, I slid on some nice sandals as Ryder grabbed my bag. It was late now but I couldn't walk in looking like a bum.

He tossed the bag in the trunk of a black SUV and opened the door for me as he got into the passenger side. I sat in the back with two other males that I didn't know as Ryder's beta Jax drove.

"How far is it?" I asked outloud not really directing it to anyone.

"About an hour. You should get some sleep, it's late." Ryder instructed. I nodded and leaned my head back as sleep came over me. Car rides always tired me out. I felt myself leaning over onto the guys shoulder who was next to me.

--------------

I woke up with Ryder gently shaking me awake. I jolted up and smacked my head off the headrest.

"Oww." I whined grabbing my head as he laughed at me. I grumbled and got out and walked behind him stumbling because I was pretty much half asleep.

My eyes were blurry and filled with sleep. I could only make out voices.

"As is traditional customs. Men on the east wing and women on the west wing." There was a bunch of growls and grumbles but someone snarled loudly and everything was silenced as I leaned my head on Ryder's back.

I was suddenly gone from his warmth and I whimpered slightly.

"Get her to bed, she is exhausted." A female voice said. I reached out and felt something soft and I face planted into it and my eyes and mind slipped back into a peaceful sleep.

----------

"Lady Brooklyn." Someone called. I opened my eyes as the sun poured in.

"What?" I grumbled unhappily. A small girl of eighteen stared at me happily.

"My name is Emily and I will be your secretary." She smiled.

"Secretary?" I asked confused. I sat up and I was in a king size bed by myself.

"Where is Ryder?" I asked.

"As is tradition. Men and women are not allowed in the same room during your visit with the council. I am here to notify you of your schedule and write down anything you request."

"What do I have to do this morning?" I asked curiously.

"The first pack meeting, where we will get together with the packs who have arrived. Not all are here yet." She said. I got up and stretched cracking my back.

"I have your attire already laid out." She said gesturing to the black dress pants, white button up shirt and grey blazer with brown elbow patches. I slid everything on and pushed my light brown hair back into a head band and curled it quickly.

"I need shoes." I stated.

"Ah yes...Something that will pop..."She murmured thinking. She then went in and brought back out a pair of black heels with a thin heel and that zipped up in the back.

"We must hurry Lady Brooklyn. We are late." She said nervously.

"Let's go!"I said. We ran down the hall quickly... High school all over again,eh?

----Ryder's POV----

Ridiculous. I have to share a room with Jax. I don't mind it but I want to be with Brooklyn. Now I will barely have any time with her for a whole week, or more if the meeting gets extended.

Where is she? The meeting was about to start and the women on the other side were all here except for Brooklyn's seat at the front.

Suddenly the door bursted open and she came in and my eyes widened. She look stunning. She looked sophisticated yet she still looked insanely beautiful and sexy.

"Miss Summers." Headmaster Keith smiled.

"Hi...I'm sorry." She said sheepishly.

"Not at all. How have you been? Your mother and father are coming up tomorrow yes?" He asked.

"Yes. They were away on a small trip and are coming back tonight." She replied. He smiled warmingly as I stared at her as she sat down. Her eyes met mine and I smirked and she bit her lip and looked down. God don't do it...She pulled her lip back and it popped out and I almost growled. I balled my fists together and stared her down hard.

"Four packs are here today and the rest shall come later on today or tomorrow. It will be a brief meeting but I just wanted to inform you all that we have picked up a...different scent." Keith stated. Some people frowned at the news.

"We have come to no conclusions as to what it is yet and we won't know until all packs are here but we just wanted you all to know that this is why we are gathered here."

"We are preparing for battle.."