Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Brooklyn's POV:

Ryder was gone when I woke up. I let my braid out and my hair fell into loose waves. I changed into a hoodie and some old soccer shorts that I had. I opened our balcony door and stepped out.

A really large black wolf sat on the grass staring into the forest. It was a male from size and his muscles were flexed tightly. It had to have been Ryder.

I stepped back and let the shift take over and I stepped down in my wolf form. I shook out my body in release and leaped over the balcony railing and on to the grass.

I trotted over to Ryder and stood next to him. He turned his head giving me one glance then looking back into the forest. Why wasn't he paying attention to me? I whimpered and laid my head down on my paws. He sniffed me over once and licked and nipped my ear. My chest rumbled in approval and he nipped my ear a little harder and I yelped.

I sat up and he stared back into the forest listening for something. I had no mark so I had no connection to him so I couldn't listen to him. I shifted back and my bones cracked to their natural shape and he did the same.

"What is wrong?" I asked.

"Your friend Alex was here looking for you." He stated.

"He was?" I asked surprised.

"He wasn't alone."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Someone...or something was following him. I told him to turn around and go straight home and warn your parents. "

"It smells bad." I said sniffing the air and then plugging my nose. He turned back with a surprised look on his face.

"What does it smell like?" He asked.

"Like a bad wound...Rotten flesh." I frowned.

"I can't smell a thing now...But when he was here, I could smell it."

"I have a strong nose." I stated. I was always extremely sensitive to scents and such.

"Let's go inside." He said gesturing me in. He went straight to his office and I followed slowly after him. He rifled through papers on his desk and his brows furrowed together. I sat down in the leather chair and folded my hands in my lap.

"What are you doing?" I asked after a couple of moments of silence.

"Looking over pack alliances."

"Your expecting a war?" I asked.

"I want to find out what this scent is. I'm ordering a large pack meeting."

"Can I help?" I asked. I was on break from college so henceforth I had nothing to do.

"What do you want to help with?" He asked with a smile playing on his lips.

"I can file, label...any kind of office work." I stated. He pulled open his desk drawer to reveal a messy inside. I gasped.

"Ryder! This is atrocious." I hissed. I had to be organized. He chuckled and handed me blank folders and a pen to label. I sat cross legged and he sat in his chair and we talked aimlessly about news in the human world and other pack gossip. Well...I gossiped to him about my old pack and he listened.

"...there are always a slutty group of girls in a pack. Werewolves are generally sex filled creatures." I began to explain. I was telling him about the girls in my pack who were sluts.

"And they are there for the men who don't have mates. Generally Alpha's and Beta's." He stated.

"Excuse me? There better not be any slutty figures in this pack." I growled jealously. As I said that there was a soft knock on the door. The door opened and a brunette with hazel eyes walked in. She wore a flowy tank top and blue short shorts. Wow she was pretty.

"Ryder!"She squealed. Ryder was facing me in the chair so I was on the ground so it may have looked like I was giving him a blow job...

"Oh...Who is this?" She asked innocently.

"Hi. My name is Brooklyn." I said standing up and holding out my hand.

"Was I talking to you?" She asked glarring at me. Woah back the fuck up...scratch the pretty part because I am about to break her face.

"Listen here, Beeotch." I said dragging out the 'be'.

"Don't ever talk to me like that again...or so help me I will te-"

"Brooklyn!" Ryder interrupted before I could finish. I immediately stopped and balled my fists together.

"Samantha this is Brooklyn." Ryder explained. She pursed her lips and stared at my outfit and I glared at her.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked annoyed.

"Nothing at all." She said then turning her full attention to Ryder.

"I just came back and Cale said you were in your office." She chimed. I mocked her as I walked back to Ryder's desk and sat in his rolly chair and began spinning around while she desperately tried to hold his attention.

"So I was wondering if you were free this evening?" She asked. I threw my head back and laughed and they both turned to look at me.

"Sorry, hun. He's with me." I smirked.

"What?" She asked surprised looking at him shocked.

"Oh you were away right? Don't worry I will get your clothes from my closet." I smiled. I was being a total bitch right now.

"We will talk later." She huffed storming out of the room. Ryder turned back to me and sighed.

"She deserved it."I laughed. He walked over and stood infront of me.

"Up." He ordered.

"Move your feet lose your seat." I said smiling sweetly.
He picked me up swiftly and sat down and sat me on his lap as he looked through emails from packs that said they were coming.

"Is this what you do all day?" I asked leaning on my hand as he kept an arm around my waist.

"Yes." He answered.

"You don't just chill here and watch porn?" I asked leaning back.

"I'm just kidding." I laughed when he gave me no answer.

He did a deep and heavy sigh and shook his head.

"Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Brooklyn..." He tsk-ed.