Chapter 49

Chapter 49:

Brooklyn's POV:

Carver brought over many vampires the next day. The plan was to have us charge because we were giant dogs that stood on two feet and for the vampires to launch around the palace because they were more quiet and sneaky.

Not being pregnant allowed me to be able to join in on the fun of fighting even though Ryder did not agree with it.

"You sure you're up for this?" Alex asked me as we watched the training.

"Yea, why?"

"Ryder is pissed. He was hoping you wouldn't have delivered so soon." He explained.

"Well I couldn't control that. I am fine now so he is going to have to deal with it." I shrugged.

"I know. You have one of the best noses and your quick and agile. You are good in fights, he hasn't really seen you fight before I guess." He said.

"Well he will see soon enough because no one is touching my little girl." I vowed.

"Don't worry. We will win. It is two against one. We have two races they have one."

"They also have a potion that can wipe out all the vampires." I added.

"I know. Which is why we have to get it done quick and cleanly."

"Quick and clean is how I work lex." I smiled turning away. I met Ryder's eyes and he held up his hands and beckoned me to him. I raised my eyebrow but went over to him.

"How're you feeling?" He asked.

"Perfect. Why?" I asked as he moved a little sways from me.

"I want to know if you can still fight." He grinned. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"You know I'm always game." I smirked running towards me. He went to tackle me but I danced out of his way quickly and sent a swift kick to the back of his leg. His grinned widened as I went to throw a punch to his jaw but he knocked my arm out of the way and wrapped my arm around my back. He pulled up and I winced sighing.

"I hate you."

"Not yet." He said picking me up and slamming me to the ground face first. It didn't hurt but it was annoying how he could throw me around so easily. He let go and I stood up.

"The demons will go way harder on you. I went easy and tried not to kill you." He teased.

"Oh shut up." I said getting angry. I moved back aways and ran towards him and he tried to tackle me to the ground. I wrapped my body around his and pulled his arm straight back. He grunted in pain but hooked my leg out and slammed me back to the ground.

I reached my legs up around his neck and used all my force to bring him down to the ground. He grabbed my legs and tossed them away to grab my shoulders. I brought my legs back and pushed his chest back to make him stumble. I stood back up and he came at me and literally speared me to the ground.

I sighed in exhaustion and laid in defeat.

"Much better this time. You won't be facing someone of my caliber." He said.

"Wow you are not cocky at all." I said rolling my eyes.

"It's true. You won't be facing an alpha male. You will be facing young demons. Untrained, young demons." He emphasized.

"Think I will do ok?" I asked seriously.

"Of course you will. You are going to do fine and you won't be alone."

"What if I get separated?" I asked.

"You won't."

"But what if I do." I said.

"You won't." He said again and I sighed in frustration.

"Figuratively, Ryder!" I exclaimed.

"Do you honestly think I would let you out of my sight? You died on me once and I won't let it happen again. If it was up to me I would make you stay here but I can't convince you to do that."

"I am not sitting out on this." I said determined.

"I know. Which is why you will never leave my sight."

"You can't focus on fighting and me." I said.

"I'm an alpha I can multi task." He said cockily again. I rolled my eyes and he smirked at my reaction.

"I don't like it when you do that."

"Do what?"

"Smirk and laugh at me." I said pouting. He grabbed my hand and pulled me close to his body and wrapped an arm around the curve of my waist and smashed his lips against mine.

"I'm sorry." He said in between heated kisses.

"It's fine." I said breathlessly. He laughed at my reaction and I frowned.

"Don't worry. Tonight. With protection." He smirked again going to speak with Carver.