Chapter 39

Chapter 39:

Brooklyn's POV:

"I just simply don't know who is attacking them." Ryder said. I began to wake up when something rotten hit my nose. It made me lurch forward and grab the bucket beside me. Once I finished I looked to see Xavier with his insides out on the table. I gagged again but kept the bile down.

"How are you feeling?" Ryder asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. What happened?" I asked.

"An attack. Vampires don't rip insides out like that...do they?" Andrew asked.

"I'm not sure. But whoever attacked him took the concoction he was talking about. The vile is gone." Doc said. Ryder sighed heavily and stared hard at the ground.

"Why don't you request an audience with the king of vampires?" I asked.

"I don't think they will speak to us with this happening. We are trying to stay a neutral party but it is becoming more and more difficult."

"It doesn't hurt to ask. We need to know what we are dealing with, so that this won't happen to Ella." I said, Ryder nodded and pulled out his phone.

"Yes, Carver it's Ryder." He said into the phone.

"I need a request to speak with you." He said calmly yet forcefully.

"It is in regards with the Snow elves." He said. I didn't know Ryder knew the king of vampires on a personal level; enough for him to give Ryder his phone number. It's crazy.

"Really? Tomorrow? Yes we can make it." He said happily.

"Of course. See you then." He said turning off his phone.

"Bring Sammy with us as long as a couple of others." Ryder ordered to Andrew.

"Yes sir." He said respectfully.

"So when do we leave?" I asked eagerly. He stared at me oddly and I instantly knew what he was thinking and I pouted.

"And you're not bringing me with you..." I sighed.

"You are pregnant. You will be taking Ella and Jax over to your parents' house. I need you safe especially while you're pregnant considering the nightmares you get and the way the babies grow." He said resting a hand on my shoulder. I remember the nightmares I had when I was pregnant and I guess he was right about how the babies grow.

"I never get to go anywhere with you." I sighed.

"Don't worry princess. I'm always going places. I will be back tomorrow evening." He said walking upstairs. I followed him upstairs and Ella waited outside our room.

"Are we going to nana and poppy's?" She asked while the nanny walked away.

"Yes come let me get you dressed." I said as Ryder opened the door. He took Jax with him in his arms and I sat Ella on the floor and got her hair brush. She was already dressed in her nice pink cardigan and little jeans and tiny moccasins. I brushed her long straight hair out and took two small pieces and braided them around her head and tied them at the back.

"You need to pack jammies, your toothbrush and any toys you want to bring okay?" I said and she nodded. I placed some things in Jax's bag as Ryder placed him on the bed and got dressed. I put on his soft and cuddly onesie and he bounced his legs up and down.

"I know say you are so soft and cuddly." I cooed pulling him up and kissing his nose. Ryder came out all dressed in a suit and he walked over and kissed Jax's head.

"Be good, big guy." He said. He pressed a soft kiss to my lips and turned to Ella and lifted her easily.

"You be good too, alright sweetheart?" He asked, she nodded and he kissed her head and sat her down.

"Jeremy is going to drive you over to your parents' house." He said as we walked downstairs. We went outside and I got into the all black SUV and Ryder went towards his own expensive sports car.

I sighed unhappily as we drove off.

"Mommy? Are you alright?" Ella asked.

"Yes, darling." I said forcing a smile.

"I never do anything fun anymore." I muttered quietly.