Chapter 25 [Edited]

After having the day off with my kids, my life slowly moved on. 

I walked slowly into my squad room, the lights off, and the room silent. It was nice coming in earlier than everyone else. I could sit and work on paperwork, and just think. 

It was hard though. I had to admit that. I miss Don. I miss getting my ass chewed out because I did something stupid. And I miss his love for everyone.

"Sarge." Carisi question, when he walked up to my open door. I looked at him and smiled.

"What are you doing here so early?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"I thought I'd try to beat you in here this morning. I wanted to get the rest of my paperwork done." He replied, and I chuckled.

"The sad thing is that I'm doing that too," I spoke. He nodded slowly and shifted his weight onto his left leg.

"I'll leave you be." He spoke, before turning and starting to leave. I stood and called his name. He stopped and turned around to look at me.

"Yes?"

"I'm proud of you, Sonny."

"Really?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Really. You are a great detective." I smiled, and he smiled largely back at me.

"That means a lot, Sarge."

"Well, don't make me regret it. Now, go make some coffee. Rollins is going to need some to be alive." I teased, and he nodded quickly before walking off. 

===

We worked the day, then after everyone left, I was about to leave myself, when I got a frantic call.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Um, is this Olivia Benson?" A voice asked and I swallowed hard.

"Yes. Who is this?" I asked.

"I'm Mike. A blonde woman asked me to call you. She's pretty hurt and I'm waiting with her until the ambulance comes."

"Where are you?" I whimpered.

"East and 5th street. She said she was almost home."

I hung up after finishing the conversation and called everyone back in. 

"Sarge, what's wrong?" Carisi asked me as he, Fin, and Nick entered the office.

"Fin you are in charge. I'm going to the hospital. Once I get the all-clear I'll call." I spoke, and their eyes went wide as I walked off and picked up some of my stuff, and Amanda's duffel bag with clothes she left here.

"That's Amanda's." I heard Nick whisper.

===

I walked into the ER, and I walked straight to the nurses' station.

"What can I do for you?" One asked.

"I'm Sergeant Olivia Benson. I'm here for Amanda Rollins." I spoke.

"Alright, let me go see if you can go talk to her."

I nodded slowly, and stood in place, my mind full of horrible thoughts. When the nurse came back, she led me to Amanda's room.

I took a moment to breathe and prepared myself before knocking slowly, and hearing no response, I walked in.

Amanda was bruised and her arm was in a cast and in a sling. Her hair was bloody and matted, and tears welled in my eyes.

"Mandy?" I asked quietly, and she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Liv." She breathed, her voice airy and telling me she was on pain meds.

"How are you feeling, honey?" I asked, before walking over and kissing her forehead gently.

"I don't feel too hot, Liv." She mumbled.

"I know, but we will get through this," I spoke, and she nodded slowly before starting to cry.

"I'm scared." She spoke and I frowned.

"Don't be. I'm here for you, no matter what."

"Still. I'm scared." She breathed. I gently pushed her hair out of her face and touched her shoulder.

"We are going to find this man and make him rot in jail."

===

I stayed with Amanda that night, refusing to leave her side. But when I knew she was asleep, I left for a few minutes and called the crew.

"Sarge, you are on speaker," Fin spoke answering the call.

"Okay, well I have some bad news." I breathed.

"What is it?" Nick said quickly.

"Amanda was raped. She's in the hospital, and is going to be okay, but we need to work this case hard."

"Should I come down?" Fin asked.

"No. I've got her. I need Fin and Nick to go to Melinda's. I sent the rape kit down there with a trusted uniform. Carisi, I need you to find all the cameras around Rollin's place and see what you can do. I want to see you all back in the squad room at 8. I'll bring coffee."

"Take care of her, alright? She's important." Carisi breathed, surprising me. I guess I had seen them grow closer, but I didn't expect that.

"I will. She's my sister. I can't let anything happen to her."

===

The next morning, Amanda was released, and I called Elliot. He picked her up and took her back to our place. I went to the precinct with breakfast and coffee.

"Alright, what do we have?" I asked as I sat all of the stuff I brought on Fin's desk.

"Nothing." Fin sighed.

"Condom? Anything on the cameras?" I asked.

"No to the condom. She couldn't find a match yet. And for the cameras..." Fin trailed off and looked at Carisi.

"I watched the whole rape." He breathed, and I swallowed hard.

"Sonny, did you see a face?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"No." He whimpered, before getting up and quickly walking away. I swallowed hard and looked at the guys.

"I'm going to talk to him. Go eat." 

I walked down the hall and looked into one of the interrogation rooms. I watched quietly, as Carisi cried. He was as broken as we were. I opened the door slowly, and walked over and squeezed his shoulder. He turned around quickly, and sobbed as I hugged him.

"She is going to be alright, Sonny."

"No! She's not going to be Amanda anymore!" He sobbed, and I rubbed his back gently, before pushing him away.

"Alright, we are going to stop this."

"What-"

"No. Look at me. She is going to be different, I know that. I know what she's been through. She may be different, but it is going to make her even stronger than she already is. Amanda is amazing, and she is going to get through this. You are going to get her back."

"You don't know what she is going through."He whimpered, before walking over and standing next to the window, looking through the bars and out into the early morning light.

"Carisi, I was raped. Maya is a product of rape, and so am I." 

He turned around quickly to look at me.

"I'm-" He started again, and I shook my head.

"Don't. It's fine. Now, if I can become stronger, she can too."