Chapter 11 [Edited]

I walked into my bedroom that night, after putting the boys and Maya down. Elliot was on his laptop, his new glasses on the tip of his nose, making me laugh.

"Don't you look smart." I smiled, and he rolled his eyes.

"I only need these because everything is blurry when I read." He stated, and I nodded.

"Well, that is usually why people get glasses." I teased. He leaned over and kissed my cheek before I laid down and sighed.

"How are Maya and the boys?" he asked.

"All good. Maya fell asleep quickly, but the boys were being talkative tonight." I replied, and he smiled.

"Well, they have a lot to talk about. Eli has a little sister, and Ollie has a big sister." He replied, and I nodded.

"El, about that," I spoke, and he looked over at me.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked.

"Maybe I should go back on the pill." I breathed, and he nodded slowly.

"What if the damage is already done?" He asked, making me blush.

"Well, I'll give it a few weeks, but if we do anything, you are wearing condoms," I replied, and he nodded.

"Yes, Ma'am."

===

The next morning Elliot and I were working, so we had to bring the kids to work with us for a few hours until Maureen could come and pick them up. No one knew about Maya, so it was going to be hard.

"Momma, how long is Maya staying with us?" Ollie asked as I tried to run a brush through his tangled curls.

"Forever bud," I replied as I tickled him a bit, making him giggle.

"Is she my sister?" He asked after he calmed down after a bit.

"Yes, she is," I stated. He nodded and stood up and walked away from me.

"Are you her Momma?" He asked, and I nodded.

"I am, Oliver. Now come sit back down." I laughed, trying to get off the topic.

We finished getting everyone ready before we headed out to the precinct. The car was full of chatter from the kids, and I looked over to see Elliot's expression, and he had a large smile on his face. He was just as happy as I was at this moment. When we arrived, Maya clung to me, and I rubbed her back gently.

"Don't worry Maya. These people are family. You'll love them." I smiled, and she shook her head.

"What if they don't like me, Olivia?"She questioned.

"You're my sister, so they'll love you!" Ollie exclaimed, making us laugh.

The elevator doors opened, and even though Maya had smiled at her brother's antics, she was still shaking next to me. I told the others to go without me, and I took her over to a side hallway where barely anyone was, and I knelt down in front of her and gently pushed the tears away from her cheeks.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Olivia, what if they really don't like me?" She questioned.

"Maya, don't worry about it, alright? You are the sweetest little girl I've ever met, and they will see that too." I replied, and she nodded slowly.

"Do they know about me?"She questioned, and  I took a slow deep breath as I remembered when I was pregnant with Maya, how everyone was worried about my sanity at the time since I wouldn't even admit to being pregnant. Let alone with a child conceived through rape. 

"They do, Maya. They know how hard it was for me to give you up." I breathed, and she looked me in the eyes.

"You didn't want to?" She asked, and I nodded.

"I didn't want to once I met you. It was the hardest thing I've had to do, but I've loved you from the day I saw your bright blue eyes look up at me right after you were born." I replied, my voice shaking.

"Alright, I'm good." She spoke, unsure of how to respond. I gave her a gentle smile before standing up and holding her hand in mine as we headed towards the squad room.

Everyone was too engrossed in what they were doing to notice us walk in. I led her over to my desk, where the boys were already playing next to it. I knelt down next to them and smiled.

"Can she join you?" I asked quietly, and they both nodded quickly before handing her a toy.

I sat at my desk and turned on my laptop and logged in before reaching out to take the cup of coffee from Elliot. We were quiet until Cragen came out of his office and called for both of us to come in. Everyone looked up, and that's when they noticed Maya, and I was pretty sure we were getting called in to talk about Maya.

"Who's the girl?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Such a conversation starter, sir." I sighed.

"Benson, don't." Cragen started, but I spoke again.

"I'm not Benson anymore sir," I replied, and he sat down as Elliot placed his hand to my lower back.

"Who is the girl?" Cragen asked again.

"That's Maya," Elliot replied, and Cragen looked at us, seeking more information.

"My daughter, sir." I breathed, and his eyes went wide.

"What?"

"Her mother died, and I'm the only one who is living who can take care of her. It was either us or a foster home." I replied. He nodded and sighed.

"Does anyone else know?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"No one really does," I replied.

"Alright, well congrats," he spoke, surprising me.

"What?" I spoke.

"I know how hard it was to give her up, and you look happy, both of you." He smiled, but something was off with him.

"So, Captain can I go back?" Elliot asked, and he nodded. Elliot left, and I started to follow, but Cragen stopped me.

"Olivia." He spoke. I stopped and turned around to look at him.

"Yes, Captain?" I questioned.

"Sit." He replied, and I nodded slowly. I sat in front of his desk, and he sat back down before ran his hand over his face.

"Captain, are you alright?" I breathed.

"No, I'm nervous about what I'm about to say," He spoke.

"Don, whatever it is, I can take it. I promise. What is it?" I questioned.

"James is out."

CLIFF HANGER AND I BET YOU ALL HATE ME. Thanks for reading! I'll update soon and please comment so I can get some feedback! Please vote/comment/share! :D