Chapter 12 [Edited]

"What?" I breathed tearfully.

"He was released because of good behavior," Cragen replied. I ran my hand through my hair and let out a small whimper.

"He can't be out... He raped and kidnapped me!" I cried.

"Liv, we can put officers on you to make sure that he can't come near you." He replied, and I bit my lip.

"I-i need to talk to El." I breathed, before standing up and quickly heading out of his office. I was at a dead run from his office and ran towards the stairs.

"Olivia!" Elliot called, but I ignored him and continued to run.

===

I slumped down at the bottom of stairs, sobs shaking my body. I was a mess mentally and physically at this moment.

"Liv, are you down there?" Amanda called from the floor above me. I tried to stifle my sobs, but it didn't work.

"Liv, what's wrong?" Amanda said panicked as she approached me.

"I can't do this anymore." I whimpered.

"Do what?" She questioned.

"Maya's father is out of prison." I sobbed. She sat next to me and pulled me into her arms.

"Olivia." She breathed, as I continued to sob.

"He's going to hurt me again. He's going to want revenge." I whimpered.

"He isn't going to get anywhere near you and the kids. Alright?"She breathed.

"What if he does though?" I whimpered.

"He won't. Come on. Let's go see those amazing kids of yours." She spoke attempting to get a smile from me but she failed horribly.

"I need to get away," I said nearly jumping up.

"Liv, no," Amanda replied.

"I can't allow them to be hurt!" I cried.

"Olivia Margaret Stabler, you are NOT running away!" She exclaimed.

"If he comes for me and hurts me again, what if he tries to kill the kids and El? What if he kills me and they are forced to watch?" I replied.

"Olivia, do you really think James is going to kill his brother, nephews, and daughter?" She asked.

"He took me to make Elliot hurt." I whimpered. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Come on. We are taking you and the kids to my apartment. He won't find you there."

===

Without my permission, but with Elliot's, we packed bags quickly and went to stay with Amanda. It was a tight fit, but she wanted us to be safe and the crew agreed.

"They are down." I breathed as I exited the spare bedroom that the kids were sharing.

"Good. They were scared." Elliot whispered as I sat down next to him.

"Alright, everything is locked up for the night," Amanda spoke coming out of the bathroom, where she had locked the window.

"Good. Um, if you two want to go to bed, I'm going to try and stay up for a bit." I spoke and they both nodded.

"I'll stay up with you." Elliot smiled, and I shook my head.

"Go and get comfy on the air mattress," I said with a forced laugh.

"Okay, but don't stay up too long," Elliot replied. He kissed me gently before walking into the spare room where the kids were. Amanda looked at me before sitting down next to me.

"So whatcha wanna watch?" Amanda asked, and I swallowed hard.

"Go to bed, Amanda. I don't want to keep you up." I sighed.

"I stayed up all night with you when Ollie had that fever when he was one. I can stay up with you now." She smiled, but I shook my head.

"Amanda, thanks for offering, but you need to get some sleep," I replied and she nodded.

"Alright, but don't stay up too late... just as El said."She spoke and I nodded slowly.

===

It was about midnight when I woke up to my phone ringing. I yawned as I reached for it. I slid it to open it, and I had been asleep so I didn't realize that it was a FaceTime call.

"Hey beautiful," James spoke, and tears sprung to my eyes.

"James." I whimpered and he smiled. It was the same smile that always made my skin crawl.

"I'm coming for you. Either I get you without any trouble, or this little girl is going to be six feet under." He spoke, and then he showed me a girl. She was probably around 4, tied up with tears running down her cheeks.

"James don't hurt her." I whimpered.

"Then meet me at your old apartment building, and we can have some fun." He hung up after those words left his lips. Tears started to slip down my cheeks again.

What should I do?

===

Attempting to be the Olivia I once was, I went back to our apartment. I grabbed a vest that Elliot had there from a training program he did a while back, before I grabbed another clip for my gun, and headed out.

I had left a cryptic note for Elliot, telling him I had to save the girl. I never did tell him where I was going.

I drove slowly to my old apartment building and sat a little bit away from it and swallowed hard. I needed to get up enough courage to go towards the building.

I climbed out after a while and walked slowly up the sidewalk.

"Come back for another kid?" His cold voice sounded behind me.

"James, what do you want from me?" I questioned, turning around slowly to stare at him.

"Well, maybe you should come with me and I can show you what my brother cannot do," James spoke. I bit my lip and frowned deeply.

"Your brother is a better man than you can EVER be." I hissed and he hit my cheek with the handle of his gun, sending my head swiveling quickly to the side.

"If you want to live and if you want the girl to live... don't be sassy, bitch," He yelled. I shook as his voice echoed through the street and I nodded slowly as my body shook like crazy.

"Okay, James. Before I do anything for you, I want to see her." I breathed.

"Come with me then, sweetie."

===

He took me down to the basement of my old apartment building, and I heard whimpering coming from the storage room.

"You locked her in there?" I hissed, and he laughed.

"If I didn't, she would have run away." He replied. I walked away from him, my hand barely on the doorknob before I felt him press hard against me.

"Now, you know she's alive... so spread them slut."