Chapter 3 [Edited]

Elliot and I sat across from each other, silence setting heavily in between us.

"So, how old is Oliver?" Elliot asked and I swallowed hard.

"He's five." I breathed, and he nodded.

"The father?"He questioned, and I shifted uncomfortably in my chair.

"Is this the only reason why you asked me? You just want to know if I was unfaithful?" I asked, pain in my voice.

"Were you?" He questioned, and I shook my head.

"I was in love with you. I was never unfaithful to you, Elliot." I replied, hurt.

"Okay. So Oliver is my son?"He questioned, and I nodded slowly.

"Yes, he is." I breathed, and he nodded.

"So, why didn't you tell me?" He whispered, and I sighed.

"I never told you because we were divorced and if you knew you would've taken him away."

"Why would you think that?" He questioned, and I rolled my eyes.

"You have full custody of your kids with Kathy. I couldn't lose my only child." I whimpered, and Elliot went silent as I took a drink of my wine, hoping this would give me the courage I needed.

"I want to be involved in his life." Elliot spoke, after about five minutes.

"We can discuss that." I breathed, and he nodded.

"Alright. Um, want some more wine?" he questioned, and I nodded.

"Yes please."

===

We ate and talked for a bit, then after dinner, he drove towards my hotel.

"Are you seeing anyone?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"No, I broke up with my girlfriend." He replied, and I nodded. We pulled up to the hotel, and Elliot looked over at me.

"You look beautiful." He complimented, and I bit my lip.

"Thanks, Elliot. I just wish that we wouldn't have ended it."

"Everything was just crazy. I wish I could've been there for you when Oliver was born, or every sleepless night after that." He replied, and I nodded slowly.

"Amanda has been a godsent. She really helped when Ollie was younger, we became best friends as soon as we met, so that's why Ollie calls her Aunt Amanda." I smiled, and Elliot nodded.

"Are you going back to Atlanta?" He asked, and I nodded.

"It's the only place that Ollie has ever known. His friends, my friends. Our life is there, and I plan on keeping it there, unless something else happens." I replied, and Elliot nodded again.

"Can I just ask some questions?" He smiled, and I nodded.

"Shoot."

"His full name?" He asked, and I laughed.

"Oliver Elliot Benson. I would have used your last name, but I didn't want him questioning it when he realized that my name is Benson, and his was Stabler." I replied.

"It's understandable. Want to talk more? Maybe tomorrow night?" He asked, and I thought for a moment before nodding.

"I'd love to." I replied, and he smiled. We got out of his car, and he stood next to the car, and looked at me. It wasn't long before he had leaned in and kissed my lips gently. I didn't pull away, nor did I kiss him back. I just let it happen. He pulled back and then pushed some of my hair behind my ear.

"Well, I'll see you at work tomorrow. Good night Liv." He smiled, and I nodded.

"Good night, El."

I walked inside and Amanda was in bed with Ollie, who was cuddling with her. 

"How long has he been asleep?" I asked, quietly.

"Fell asleep after dinner, so about 3 hours." She chuckled, and I smiled and nodded.

"I knew he wasn't going to be up late. Thanks for watching him. Would you mind doing it again tomorrow?" I asked, and she looked at me with surprised eyes.

"Another date with Stabler?" She asked, and I sighed.

"Not a date, just us talking. He took the whole idea of Ollie going back to Atlanta with me, instead of us moving here." I spoke, and she nodded.

"So, he doesn't want anything to do with him? Or is he going to be taking flights back and forth to see y'all?" She asked, and I shrugged.

"We need to talk about that tomorrow. For now, I want to get out of this dress. Want to take the other bed so we don't have to move him?" I asked and she nodded.

"Sure, but you are washing this shirt, since he drooled all over it." She laughed.

===

"How are you going to do this?" Fin asked as we waited in the van, waiting for the rapist who's stomping ground was right outside of where we were.

"When he tries to get Amanda, we will tackle him and then arrest him." Elliot replied, and I nodded.

"Alright, Amanda, just be careful." I spoke into my mic.

"Alrighty, I want to live to see my nephew grow up." Amanda laughed, and I rolled my eyes. We settled into our spots, watching and waiting. Elliot sat right next to me, his hand rested on my upper thigh, which was uncomfortable at first but  I got used to it, it was just like when we were together. Our second 'date' was good, and we discussed more about our son, and where we stood which was not a couple, but just exes who had a child together, but it seemed like Elliot had other ideas.

My throat constricted when I saw a man come up behind Amanda, covering her mouth with his hand. I was the first one out, and as she struggled against him, I shoved my gun hard against his head, while Fin and Elliot surround him.

"Let her go." I growled, and he slowly removed his hands. Fin grabbed Amanda and pulled her to the side, while Elliot quickly cuffed him, then patted him down. He read him his rights, then we loaded him into the car, and Elliot drove while Fin and Amanda drove the van back to the precinct.

===

"Are you alright?" I asked Amanda as she put on her boots in the locker room.

"Yeah, my neck and jaw are just a little sore, but I'll be fine. Fin and I are going to interrogate him, so why don'tcha head out and pick up Ollie?" She offered, and I nodded.

"Alright, but take some medicine alright? I know how painful it can be." I replied, and she sighed.

"Alright, Mom." She laughed and I rolled my eyes and left.

"Hey, so are you going to pick up Oliver?" Elliot asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah. I'm going to pick him up, then go and get dinner." I replied, and he followed me.

"Can I come?" He asked, and I stopped and waited for the elevator to open.

"Um, sure." I smiled softly, and he beamed.

"Good, because I wasn't going to take no for an answer. I want to spend as much time with both of you, since you'll be heading back to Atlanta soon." Elliot replied, and I nodded.

"You'll have to come and visit." I hinted, and he nodded.

"Hell yeah." He laughed, and placed a hand to my back as we rode the elevator.

What is happening?

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! I'm still offering up the offer for someone making me a cover if they wanted, if so, please message me and we can discuss it! Please vote/comment/share. Thanks for the support with this new book. I am super excited about it. Alright, thanks again!