Chapter 14 [Edited]

Tears stained my cheeks as I looked down at my hands. He had done it again. He was scarring me once again.

"Liv?" Elliot questioned as he knocked on the bathroom door. I swallowed hard and stood up, and started to brush my teeth.

"I'll be out in a second," I replied slowly.

===

I didn't really tell Elliot once I had found out. I just did what I've been doing for the last two weeks I've been on forced leave. I cleaned, did laundry, and waited for the kids to get home.

I was having a hard time believing that I might be pregnant with Elliot's baby instead of James'. I was praying it was Elliot's though. I don't know if I can raise another child that is a product of rape or give up yet another child.

"Stabler." I sighed as I answered my phone.

"Liv! Where are you?" Casey asked, panicked.

"At home, why?" I replied.

"I'm coming over. Elliot said you weren't feeling good and we need to discuss something." She replied quickly, and I frowned.

"Alright." I breathed.

===

After she arrived, we sat down and she ate lunch, while I just picked at mine. Once she had settled in, she spoke.

"Something happened at the prison last night."

"What?" I breathed, looking up at her.

"James was found dead in his cell." She replied. I looked down at my hands as I started to gnaw on my bottom lip.

"What?" I breathed again, completely confused about how I should be feeling right now. Still scared for my life or relieved and thankful?

"He sharpened a toothbrush and killed himself with it." She breathed. I bit my lip harder, drawing blood.

"Are you sure? Is he really gone?" I whimpered. She reached across the table and squeezed my hand.

"I'm sure, Liv. He's dead."

===

"Can we talk?" I asked quietly as I exited our bedroom and looked at Elliot. He had thought I went to bed hours ago, but I had just been laying in bed thinking. It had been two months since James killed himself, and since I had taken the pregnancy test. 

"Hey. What are you still doing up?" He questioned, as I walked over to the couch and sat next to him.

"Don't hate me." I breathed, and he nodded slowly.

"I don't think I ever could, but I promise." He replied. I bit my lip and swallowed hard.

"The day that we found out about James, I took a pregnancy test." I breathed, and he turned to look at me, anticipation in his eyes.

"And?"

"I'm pregnant." I breathed, as a small smile crept onto his lips.

"That's amazing, Liv!" He smiled, before pressing his lips to mine.

"It is?" I questioned, and he nodded quickly.

"We are having another baby!" He exclaimed. I stared at him, completely confused.

"You're happy?"

"Yes!" He chuckled, and I stood up and started to pace.

"How? We don't even know who the father is!" I exclaimed. He stood and grabbed me by my shoulders and held me still.

"Olivia, we are going to get you an appointment and figure out how far along you are. Either you are farther along than 6 weeks, or you are 6 weeks," He stated, and I nodded slowly.

"I don't know if I can give up another baby." I whimpered, as he wiped a tear from my cheek.

"You won't have to, Liv. I have a feeling that this baby is mine." He smiled, yet I was still unsure.

===

"Daddy, why is Momma so quiet?" Ollie asked, the morning that we were getting the results from the paternity test back.

"We are waiting for something, Ollie. Why don't you go talk to her, I bet she will let you cuddle with her." Elliot replied, and Ollie nodded quickly. My son came over to where I sat, a hand over my stomach, and I was staring straight ahead, zoned out on our family portrait. We had to get a new one when Maya joined our family.

"Momma, can I sit with you?" He questioned. I looked over at my son and smiled softly.

"Yeah, come here baby," I replied. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he spoke quietly.

"Momma why are you so quiet?" He asked as I held him a little closer.

"We are waiting to find out something about your little brother or sister," I replied, and he nodded.

"Bad or good?" He breathed.

"I don't know yet, Oliver. Maureen is going to come over and watch you, your brother and sister. So why don't you go run off and play." I replied. He nodded and stood up on the couch to kiss my cheek before getting down and running to his room. 

I looked over at my husband and he chuckled.

"He's always so curious." He smiled before walking over and sitting next to me.

"Yeah, well he gets that from both of us," I replied slowly.

"Yeah. So, are you ready to get going?" He asked, as he looked at his watch.

"I guess. I'm just praying that the baby is yours." I replied.

"It will be." He smiled.

===

We got going and headed to the ME's office. We had to get the test done here because they didn't want to completely close the case yet.

"So, are you two ready?" Melinda asked, and I bit my lip.

"We are," Elliot replied, before grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

"Well, from the test, the baby just happens to be Elliot's." She spoke, and I let out the breath I had been holding.

"Are you sure?" I questioned, and she nodded.

"Yes. We also found out the gender." Melinda replied as Elliot squeezed my hand.

"Wanna find out, Liv?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Let me guess first. I really believe that it's another boy." I chuckled, and Melinda laughed.

"Well you're correct."

===

After being stressed most of the day, Elliot and I went to lunch so we could finally relax.

"So, how are you feeling now?" He asked.

"I'm feeling good." I smiled.

"I'm so excited. We are getting another boy." He chuckled, as I rolled my eyes.

"Elliot, you are already out running our apartment. What if I had wanted a girl?" I asked.

"We can always try again." He spoke, as he reached across the table and squeezed my hand.

"Oh, will we?" I asked, causing him to laugh.