Episode 61: Clerics (Olivia)

"It's just. I heard that their shamans are some of the best in the world," I responded.

He puffed up his chest.

"Not sure if the best. But they are pretty good."

"Why are you interested in Altanian shamans?" Alex asked as we waited outside of the school gates for a taxi.

"I sort of researched them."

"Well, your research couldn't have told you everything," Ryan said, leaning against the brick wall.

"Why's that?" Elliot asked.

"Well. My people are heavily isolated. We don't interact with outsiders like I'm doing."

"Nor do mine," Thalia added.

"Uh, we Xian are on that boat too," Elliot responded, chuckling. "My own clan is also known for its powerful clerics."

"Of course we are," a familiar voice called out.

Elliot's brother made his way toward us, carrying some bags.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Our teacher whimpered. "Oh, how cruel of you! Don't you with me to go along with you?"

"You're coming with us?" Elliot questioned.

His big brother snickered. "Yes. You might've 'graduated' from the school. But your studies aren't yet over. Your real schooling begins now. My role is to watch over all of you."

"Hey!" I said.

"Yes?"

"What do you know of Xian's clerics?"

"Interested in our religion?"

"Not the religion itself, but those who teach it."