33- Just enough to bury my love in the moon dust

Y / N - P O V

"Do I need to schedule an appointment to have a fuvking talk with you?" I screamed at my girlfriend as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Maybe you should" she mumbled out as I laughed humorlessly and picked up my black hoodie as she looked up.

"Maybe I'm being an asshole for wanting to spend time with you" I said with a strugg of my shoulders as she shook her head.

"I'm not going to put my career on hold just for you" she said and that's when the tears left my eyes as looked down and shook my head.

"I'd never do that to you but since you see me that way, I'll make the decision easier for you; were through" I said as her eyes widen and I smiled at her one last time as I walked out that door.

*four years later*

"Yeaaa!" I slurred out as everyone around me cheered as I chuckled and stumbled into someone, that someone being my best mate zayn.

"Y/n lad slow it down" I heard as I looked up to see zayn there with worry written in his eyes as I smiled.

"I'm fine z, thanks for caring though; you and kehlani" I said as he smiled and nodded just as kehlani popped up behind him with a blunt as I chuckled.

"Let's go out back and get high" she said as I nodded and walked out with them following behind me as I looked up at the moon and the way she lighted the night.

Four long ass years without her, I'd say that I wasn't happy but that'd simply be a lie, I was living my life, and last time I heard she was super famous now.

"She looks beautiful tonight" I said keeping my eyes on the glowing moon.

"Who does?" Kehlani questions as I look back at her then pointed at the pale white moon as realization sinks in as she nodded and lights the blunt as the tip glows a light orange color with smoke leaving and disappearing into thin air.

I lay back and put my head in kehlani's lap as she turns and blows out the smoke then looks down at me with a smile as I smile back up at her.

"Geez y/n you got us out here like where still teenagers" zayn said as kehlani passed him the blunt as he took a hit, squinting his eyes as smoke left his nostrils as I chuckled.

"You act like your old Malik, your twenty-four and where twenty-two" I said as I pointed at myself and kehlani as he chuckled and rolled his eyes as he passed me the blunt.

"I feel old" he said as kehlani chuckled and shook her head.

I inhaled the smoke and closed my eyes feeling my muscles relax as kehlani ran her hands through my short brunette hair and zayn leaned back and put his arms behind his head as he to looked up at the moon.

"There you guys are" we heard as we glanced at the sliding door just in time to see a short brunette coming towards us as I looked at her in awe.

She was beautiful; short about 5'2or 5'3 with brunette hair flowing down her small shoulders and in a beautiful red dress.