Who is she

Amber's POV

Ok, so Blake and I haven't had sex in like a month-or-so. Mainly because I'm late, and I know he wasn't protected.

What if I'm pregnant? I can't get pregnant. I'm not ready for that. We're not ready for that. What would I even do with a baby?

Gosh this is freaking me out, I need to chill out. So I go to play so hoops.

Blake's POV

I come home and I see Amber on the back court. I just shrug and head upstairs. As I put my stuff down, I hear Amber.

"GOD DAMMIT!"

Wow, I wonder what's wrong. I look out the window and watch her for a minute. She's at the freethrow line. Holly shit! She missed!

I run downstairs. Amber never misses... Something is seriously wrong. 

"Babe!" i shout as i fly out the back door towards Amber.

"Blake! What the fu-" she says as i grab her hands. 

"What the hell is wrong?" she raises her eyebrow in question of my statement. "You NEVER miss a shot... Something is wrong" she just looks down.

"Blake... I just... It's just that-" I grab her chin and look into her puffy eyes.

"Baby, what's wrong? You know you can tell me anything..." i kiss her nose. She just wraps her arms around me tightly, and shoves her face into my arms. She begins to sob.

"Blake, I can't do it... I don't want to, I'm not ready... I just don't-" she cries into my arms. I pry her arms off me and put my hands on her cheeks. I wipe her tears with my thumb.

"Babe, just tell me..."

"I'm late..."

"Late? Late for what?" I truly am confused  until she just gives me this look. "ohhh..." 

"Yeah" she says sounding a bit ashamed.

"Why can't you do this. Why can't WE do this..."

"I mean... I want to, but I'm not ready for kids... I want to have kids with you Blake, I truly do. But not right now..." 

"Ok, I'm completely ok with that. If you're not ready you're not ready... That's perfectly ok. Did you take a test? What did it say?"

"Well, that's the thing I'm stressing about. I don't want to go in the store to buy a PREGNACY test... Cause then every will be asking and starting rumors." a small tear runs down her cheek.

"How bout this we call up Matt and ask him to buy one and say it's for his wife, then have him bring it here. We can trust Matt." she sniffles and whipes her face as she nods her head.

We go inside and I call Matt. Which takes about 20 minutes, because I had to explain everything that was going on and what I was asking him to do. He said yes, and about 20-30 minutes later he walked in the door. He gave Amber the bag (which was fairly large so I assume he bought more then one) and she went to the upstairs bathroom. Matt and I sit on the couch.

"This is crazy..." Matt says with a smile.

"Yeah" i chuckle a little at the thought of possibly being a father.

"Are you ready for all of this? I mean if it's true"

"Hell no I'm not ready! Who ever is? But we'll figure this out, one step at a time." 

"True, true..." we both just nod and about ten minutes later Amber came downstairs with a smile on her face.

"So?"

"They were al negative!" seh jumps in my arms and hugs me tightly. Matt looks so confused.

"Wait... So you don't want a baby. Correct?"

"No way... I don't need kids!" she says as she gets back on the ground. She then looks up at me and says "Not now any way..." as if to say sorry.

"Oh, well... I'll see y'all later." Matt says as he heads to the door.

"Alright, thanks again man." 

"Hey, no problem..."

"Bye Matt" Amber closes the door as I go to sit on the couch. She flops down next to me and cuddles up to me. I wrap my arm around her and kiss her. "That was a close one..."

"Ya..." I sigh. She looks up at me in confusion. 

"What's on your mind that you're not telling me?"

"It's just, you seemed really happy that we aren't having a kid. Like almost TOO happy." 

"Well, like i said it's not that I don't want to have kids with you... I really do. It's just I wanna have kids with my husband, and I'm not ready to be a mother yet."

"Oh, I understand..."

"Do you think you'll be my husband?" she asks. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Only because in my mind, that's a stupid quesion. I just smile and rub her shoulder.

"We'll see..." I laugh as she slaps my arm.