Secrets

Amber's POV

So, it's one week until Josh's first birthday! I almost can't believe it. He's getting so big and looks just like his Daddy.

"Babe, I gotta go; Practice. I'll be home around 4." Blake says as he kisses my lips and heads towards the door.

"Okay... I thought there wasn't practice today?" I ask as I sit Josh in his play-pen and turn on Disney Junior.

"It's last minute. I'll text you when we're done." he kisses my forehead and hugs my shoulder. "Now, I gotta go but I'll see you in a bit." he walks over to Josh and picks him up. "Take care of mommy for me." he tickles him and Josh screeches loudly. We both laugh as he puts Josh down and pats his head lightly. "Bye baby" he says as he hugs me and walks out the door.

I laugh as Josh continues screeching. Wait, he didn't even take his gym bag. That's odd. Something's up and I intend to find out.

Blake's POV

I plop in my car with a sigh of relief. I'm so excited about my surprise. I pull out of the driveway. While I'm at a red light I drum on my steering wheel to the beat of Radioactive. Then my phone vibrates in my pocket. I musta forgot to turn up the volume when I woke up.

"Hello?" I say it as a question because I was to lazy to look at Caller ID.

"Hey Sweetie!" My moms cheery voice came through the speaker loudly, causing me to chuckle. "Ms. Jones, your Dad, and I just landed. About how long 'til you get here?"

"I'll be about ten minutes. Heavy traffic in LAX so I'm gonna park across the street and we'll walk. It'd save us about 45 minute or so..." I say as I pull into CircleK and put her in park.

"Okay baby, be safe. Love ya, we'll be waiting at the front gate." I laugh at how my mom still worries about me. Even as a grown man.

"Love you to mom, see ya in a sec." right when I hang up I receive another call. This time I checked the Caller ID. "Hey baby. What's up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to let you know that you left your gym bag." Amber's voice came through the phone, with a hint of pissy sarcasim. Shit! What to do, what to do. Oh!

"Oh ya, I guess I did. It's okay though, Doc just wanted to have a short meeting" I look at my watch, 1:30. "I'm gonna go chill with DJ 'till 3:00. If that's cool?" I spot my mom and walks towards her.

"Yeas, that's cool. I don't wanna be a 'cock-block' to y'all's bromance." we both laugh at her statement.

"Hey Baby!" my mom shouts as I walk into LAX. I put my finger to my mouth and shush her. She gasps and covers her mouth. The rest of us chuckle.

"Who's that?" I could hear Amber trying not to get pissed. I mean I'm 'out with DJ' and she hears a female call me baby. Not good.

"No one baby. Some freaky fan!" I say 'freaky fan' with emphasis as I gawk at my mom, who's trying to obtain her laughter. "I'll call you when I'm on my way home. Love you baby."

"Ok, love you to." I hang up and stare at our parents, them staring back at me. We all crack up laughing loudly as we pull into a group hug.

"Here, I'll help you with that." I say, taking my Mom and Ms. Jones' bags. We begin walking to the car.

"You been taking care of my baby?" Ms. Jones says, raising her eyebrow at me.

"Yea, she can be a pain in the as-" she cuts me off.

"No boy! I meant my grand-baby! Amber can handle herself." all of us laugh as we toss our bags in the trunk.

"He's been really great. Gettin' big." I say as we all get in the car. We all make small talk until my phone rings. "Hush! Its amber." the car goes silent as I answer. "Hey baby, I'm almost home. Bout 20 minutes. See ya soon." I hang up. Ms. Jones and my Mom giggling in the back quietly. Making me and my Dad laugh at how excited they are. I soon notice my Dad eye-balling the detailing in the car. "You like?" he nods and smiles. "Mercedes S500, V8 engine."

"Nice" we get lost talking about cars, politics, and basketball. Before I know it, I'm in the drive way. Here goes nothing.