Raincheck?

Amber's POV

I showed him my picture and he just sat there... "Blake..." I shake him out of it.

"Amber!" he says as he grabs me and squeezes my arms against my sides, formally known as a hug.

My eyes widen in shock. He eventually lets go and I stare at him. "So you do know me?"

"Hell yeah I know you! Your Amber 'AJ' Jones! You always used to play basketball with me and my friends."

"Last I checked... I was on the court and y'all asked me if you could play..." I say sarcastically.

We both laugh and begin to talk about how we've been. How our family's are doing.

Next thing we know Coach Vinny pulls up. He sees us talking and walks over and says "Amber don't be drivin' away one of our best players before he starts..." we all laugh as Blake and I stand up.

Once we get inside Blake goes in the locker room and Coach Vinny and I go out on the court. "So what's going on between you and Blake?" he says as he sifts through some papers.

I look up at him "What do you mean?"

"I seen y'all out there laughing and carrying on..."

I laugh as I begin to talk "Nooo... We we're catching up..."

"From what?"

"I was friends with Blake in High School... Haven't seen him in a few years..."

"Oh... Mhmm I see" he says in a sarcastic tone.

I just shake my head and begin bringing out the ball carts. Durning practice Blake is constantly at the east free throw line (which is where my station is). He keeps a conversation as I critique his free throws.

Once practice I went to leave out the west entrance and Blake ran up to me and said "Will you wait for me? I wanna talk to you." I nod my head

"Sure, I'll be outside..." I shout to him as he runs towards the locker room.

I continue walking and once I get out side I grab my ball and start doing drills... After about a hour of that Blake comes out and says "You've got some freakish ball control girl..."

"Ya, it's not as bad as it was when I started..."

"What was that... Seven years ago?" he laughs.

"No. Actually, it was eight years ago... I started in middle school"

"Oh, hey you wanna hang out tommarow... Watch a movie or somethin?" he says.

"Sure, but it can't be past 8, cause Callie is taking me out..."

"Why at 8? Or do you need prep time?"

"Prep time..." I say as I dig in my bag for a pen. "Here, I'll give you my number and you text me when you wanna hang..."

"Okay"

"I'll see you later... I say as I get into my car.

"See ya..." he says as he closes the door for me. He waves as I drive away.

Blake's POV

I just stood there for like five minutes after she left. When DJ came running up to me and jumped on my back.

"Hey man..." I say as I stubble to get my balance.

"What was that?" He says as he elbows me.

"What was what?"

"Bro, you just got here and you already got a girl!" he says with a devilish grin.

"Who? AJ?" he shook his head yes. "Na man... She's just an old friend from back home..."

"Mhmm... Sure, see ya later bro..." he sarcastically said as he walked away.

"Later" I say as I walk towards my car.
__________________________

Later that day

Amber's POV

After I got out of the shower and did my hygiene thing I put on a bra and panties and flopped on my bed.

'A-ring-a-ding-ding-dong. pop!
A-ring-a-di...' I hear my phone ring so I grab it and it' Blake.

"Hello"

"Hey, so where are we doin movie night?" He asks

"I don't know... My place, or Your place... I honestly don't care."

"Oh well, how bout at your place? So you have more prep time before the club..."

"Sounds good to me, see ya around 5-ish?"

"See ya then."

"Bye" I hang up and flop back down on my bed... Then I look at my phone, 4:00!

I hop up like it was a live or die situation. After debating between casual and comfy, I decide to throw on some purple booty shorts and a black tank top. Before I head down stairs I throw my hair up in a messy bun.

I hear my door bell ring so I run downstairs. "It's 4:45? Damn Blake you really wanna catch up..."

When I open the door it's Callie. She's in tears. "Oh my gosh! Callie what happened?"

"He cheated on me..." She huffs and puffs trying to catch me breath.

"Aw Hell Naw! This motha fucka gon get his tail whooped!" I say in the most ghetto voice possible. which makes her laugh.

"No that's already being taken care of..."

"Oh! So what are we gonna do bout this?" I say with a devilish grin.

"I don't know..." she says as she stops sobbing.

"We're gonna head out early tonight girl!"

"But I don't have clothes with me..."

"You can wear mine, we are the same size fortunately..."

"It's a gift from god himself!" She shouts raising her hands up like she was at church.

We both crack up "brb..." I say a I go to call Blake.