Oklahoma Skies

Blake's POV

"C'mon, we got to get ready for practice" the first preseason game is soon so we're starting back practice today. I say as I shake Amber.

"I wanna stay home today..." she moaned and rolled over.

"You have to go... who's gonna help me shoot?" I say as I curl up next to her and stick out my bottom lip.

"Tony will be there..." she says roughly.

"Really?!" I say as I jump on top of her. She nods her head with a smirk and crosses her arms. "You wanna play that game? fine" I say as I tickle her.

"OH MY GOSH! BLAKE STOP! PLEASE! OH MY GOSH! BLAKE PLEEASE!" She yells as she laughs.

"Are you gonna come to practice?" I stop tickling her for a second.

"Nope" she pops the 'p'. So I start tickling her again. "BLAKE STOP! PLEASE! FINE I'LL GO!" I stop tickling her and kiss her cheek.

"Thanks babe." she scoffs and walks towards the bathroom to get ready.

*at practice*

After about 4 hrs of practice, we stop for a lunch break. Amber and I sat on the sidelines while we ate, when she got a phone call. She answered it.

"Hello" she answers with a smile. Then I see her smile drop. "ok, thanks." she hangs up and sighs.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothin" she shook her head. I lifted her chin and looked in to her puffy eyes that were near to tears.

"Baby, what happened." She shook her head out of my hands. She got up and walked towards Vinny. They talk for a minute then she grabs her bag and walks out of the gym. I get up and walk to Vinny.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Don't know...But she needed to go home, family reasons I guess. She said she'd tell you when you got home." when he said that my heart sank. I sit down and put my head in my hands.

For the first time in a while I prayed for something besides success. I prayed for Amber's Dad. He's been battling cancer since our Junior year.

*after practice*

When I got home I didn't even take my bag out of the car, I just ran inside.

"Babe! You here?" I shout. I hear a quiet sobbing sound coming from upstairs. I run upstairs and into the bedroom. I found Amber with her head in her hands.

"Baby, what happened?" I asked as I knelt down in front of her and grabbed her hands. She looked at me with her puffy eyes, blood shot from crying. At that moment I knew.

"I'm so sorry" I sit next to her on the bed and put my hand on her shoulder. She leans into my chest and sobs harder. I rub her back and kiss her head. Eventually, we lie down and fall asleep.

*the next day*

Amber's POV

When I woke up I immediately grabbed my suit case and began throwing clothes into it. I see Blake sit up.

"When does the flight leave?" he knew exactly what I was doing. I was going home.

"It leaves at 4..." My voice cracks. He nods his head and grabs his suit case. "What are you doing?"

"I'm coming with you." he walks over and kisses my cheek.

"Blake, I'm going home... I'm not visiting."

"I know, but I wanna be there for you..."

"You'll have to come back eventually..."

"Ya, until then I'm coming with you." he says as he continues to pack his bag.

*in Oklahoma (home)*

Blake's POV

When the plane touched town we got our luggage and took no time to get to her house. Amber ran inside and just stood there for a minute, not breaking eye contact with her mother. They both begin to sob and rush in for a hug.

"I can't believe he's gone..." Amber cries out in sorrow. Seeing both of them like this rips my heart out. Ms. Jones is like a second mom and Amber is my baby. Seeing them this sad breaks my heart, a feel a small tear run down my cheek. I wipe it away and walk over and hug the girls.